Silverfoxes not silverbacks

Will
This topic is 8341 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

If I saw an ad that appealed to me, I might write and say something like,

"Hi,

"I obtain your email address from XYZ web site, which posted a picture and a description. If this is not somebody playing a dirty trick on you, I'ld be interested in meeting at some neutral place for coffee and a bite to eat.

"About me: I'm (insert biog. facts) and interested in (etc.)."

I know nothing about the site. I looked at a few of the pictures, and the descriptions seem to match the pictures.

There are certainly a few younger men who have a special attraction to very mature men; so I would assume that this is a legitimate venue until it was proven otherwise.

"Silverback" is the technical name for a mature male gorilla, which I happen both to like and to admire. A few weeks ago I used the word on another thread and was taking advantage of the opportunity for word-play on this one. I am sad to learn that anyone could be so literal-minded or afflicted with such an impoverished sense of humor that he feels insulted by the gentle-hearted notion that some graying men might be compared with the revered elders of gorilla clans. Certainly, I intended no insult to any primate, regardless of his species. On the contary, in my lexicon "silverback" is an honorific title for human males as well as for their better-mannered cousins.

Archived