A plea to the moderators

Guest Esc_Tracker
This topic is 8347 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Esc_Tracker

I don't know about the rest of you folks, but once a thread gets to be over 25 entries long it has normally split into two or more subthreads and I can't be bothered to follow it anymore.

Would it be possible for the various subthreads to be spun off into full threads of their own with more meaningful titles? I know the various posters could help by modifying their thread titles as they change the subject, but I doubt I am going to be able to change the message board community's practice all by myself.

The software may not have the necessary feature, but if it does, I think it would be a great boon for some of us, particularly as you can't scroll up and down the 20+ entry threads to find out what some of the later posters are talking about.

Alternatively, is there any way of setting the scrolling function so that it could still be used with 20+ entry threads?

Esc-Tracker (who is sure he is wearing a couple of holes in his monitor from clicking the "back" and "forward" arrows)

As Losgatan and HooBoy have said, this is not a moderator function.

In online communities, "thread drift" is not a new phenomenon. It's been going on for 20 years (or more). If the "drifters" are responsible and caring individuals, they will start new threads for new discussions. If not, you get thread drift.

Taking new discussions to new (and properly titled) threads is indeed generally considered "proper" forum behavior. Unfortunately it is also rare behavior.

Feel free to suggest taking "drifted" threads to a new venue directly to the posters involved. I'll bet you'll just be told to scroll past it if you don't like it. <sigh>

Archived