shadow, what's the problem?

Guest jizzdepapi
This topic is 8331 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Tampa Yankee

RE: Polly strikes again

LOL...

Well then... if you do your research in the archives I'm sure you can find one or two other prominent names that also share this one trait, at least at one time... I really could get a big head if I were accused of being everyone. Pickwick... you are an ego builder... thanks. :-)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tampa Yankee

>>I am not now

>>nor ever have I been

>>Boston Guy,

>

>Try telling that to Merlin and

>Cassius.

Konga,

You baffle me on this one...

Geez, Tampa, I didn't know we'd always agreed on everything! But I always did think you were a smart guy! :D

I had forgotten the Polly persona for a while -- it just came back to me all of a sudden from so long ago when I was thinking about the time when Skeptic was the reigning persona, about when M4M switched from the old bulletin board software to this one.

I still think there are more personas (personae? personi?) that I've forgotten and undoubtedly some I haven't even noticed.

Oh well. I'm sure there will be new ones to ferret out sooner or later (like made4fun).

Actually, I've been thinking - maybe multiples isn't such a bad idea. If we all had one for being nice and one for being nasty, those who don't love watching professional wrestling would be better warned? And, IMHO, since I wouldn't want to spend as much time running such a fun website and not get to participate in it myself because it would stifle conversation and when I sent up trial balloons or changed my mind or anything there would be double hockey sticks to pay much more than for anyone else doing the same thing, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Hoo himself has another name or two. I know I would were I he. (him?)

I hope you are not suggesting that HB is really Skeptic & Friends?? :-)

For me, it's enough trouble for me to keep track of one personality... I can't deal with more than one. And I like to think that I have gotten a 'feel' for some of the regulars here, just as I'm sure they have gotten a feel for me and the others. It's kind of like knowing the people who meet over the cracker barrel in the general store.

As for others using multiple personalities, I can't decide if I think it's just a sign of cowardice -- not wanting to own up to everything you have to say under one name and take the lumps with the praise and essentially be accountable to the others in this community -- or representative of insecurity or some other kind of neurosis. Either way, it feels a bit dishonest.

I apologize for the above post.

It's been an extremely long day -- closing in on 22 hours now. I've just driven three hours in driving rain on very dark roads after a flight that started off by sitting on the runway for 90 minutes... I'm tired and cranky and I was way too judgmental.

Guest regulation

>I apologize for the above post.

>

>

As one of the posters you accused of "dishonesty" in your previous post, I'd like to say something. I too have noticed some similarities between your posts and TY's. One of them is the habit of insulting people and then "apologizing," only to do the same thing again. I suppose this allows you to think of yourself as a "nice" person and at the same time toss all the insults you wish. I don't believe "either" of you actually regrets slamming other people, so please knock off the phony apologies.

Guest Tampa Yankee

Hi Reg,

>I too

>have noticed some similarities between

>your posts and TY's.

>One of them is the

>habit of insulting people and

>then "apologizing," only to do

>the same thing again.

You have me at a disadvantage sir... I don't recall engaging you in discussion or referencing you in any post since our last exchange with my post #28 in the thread Sex fo Silverbacks ,where I sought to offer an apology. I know my memory is not the best, and maybe I said something somewhere that was offensive and I do not realize it, so please enlighten me that I may retract the offending statement -- it was not my intent.

Guest regulation

>Hi Reg,

>You have me at a disadvantage

>sir... I don't recall engaging

>you in discussion or referencing

>you in any post since

>our last exchange with my

>post #28 in the thread

> Sex fo Silverbacks

>,where I sought to offer

>an apology. I know my

>memory is not the best,

>and maybe I said something

>somewhere that was offensive and

>I do not realize it,

> so please enlighten me

TY, as I tried to express above it isn't the many insults you've directed at me -- most of which you have never acknowledged -- that I would like you to retract. So far as I'm concerned, you should feel free to say whatever you wish to me and anyone else, and to say it under as many different screen names as you wish. What I would really like to see is that you, Boston Guy, and anyone else who has been guilty of this stops telling the rest of us what we should and shouldn't say here. No one enjoys being lectured, and it's particularly irritating to be lectured by you "guys" about behavior that is no different than the behavior you "yourselves" have exhibited on numerous occasions. If you can't practice what you preach, then don't preach.

Guest Tampa Yankee

Fine Reg, I understand your position, I think. So please correct me if I’m in error… Your post #31 was not meant to imply that I intentionally or in inadvertently insulted you by post since post #28 of the Sex for Silverbacks thread. (Since that post I have been particularly mindful not to, and if I have then I need feedback – maybe I am an insensitive lout.) But rather it is your view of ‘my preaching’ that offends you. If so then it would appear that my attempt at reformed discourse with you is of no consequence to you; that ‘our issue’ is bigger than just the interaction between you and me, more like my very presence on the board. If so, it seems there is little I can do to avoid this recurring conflict, I’ll have to just grin and bear it, I guess. I’m willing to follow your lead on this.

Frankly, I am beyond seeking contentious discourse with you and while I may disagree in some instances with what you say and more often with how you say it I have learned there is no benefit in haggling over it

RE: shadow, where r u?

Perhaps I shouldn't mention this but ... As I have already mentioned, Shadow and I have exchanged a few emails. The most recent one from him mentioned that he had developed a particularly nasty strep throat and had had to miss a week of work. I suggested that maybe his body didn't need a lot of stress right now and perhaps it was for the best that he hadn't been here for a while. He seemed to agree. I hope that I am not giving away confidences too badly. I know that if I were he, I might very well skip this board for a few weeks, hoping that some of the furore would die down.

Guest regulation

>I thought you were on record

>as not liking psychobabble?

If you're referring to what I told Bilbo on that thread that Lacoste started, you're absolutely right. That's why I never use it.

Something else I don't like: digs and insults from someone like you, who just got through lecturing the rest of us about respecting the feelings of others on the Billy Brandt thread. I think you're just as much a hypocrite as Shadow.

Guest regulation

>Yawn.

You sound tired. Perhaps you need a vacation from telling the rest of us how we should behave. I'm all for that.

Guest regulation

>Yawn.

Still tired? I hear Macedonia is lovely this time of year. Why not try it?

Archived