Moderator Scheduling

Losgatan
This topic is 8337 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I think it would be very helpful to all of us moderators to know when you are most likely to post a message here. One or more of us could then plan to handle those "peak activity" periods.

Although I've been moderating for more than a week now, I haven't been able to spot any patterns, other than it can be very slow from say 3 to 6 pm eastern.

Guys, like the others, I do appreciate your willingness to help. It certainly doesn't sound like a fun task to have to keep on doing over and over and I don't understand the reluctance to appoint more moderators, even in the short run. But I do acknowledge that those are the kinds of decisions HB gets to make by virtue of it being his site.

In terms of your question, I may be wrong about this, but it sure feels like the overall number of posts is down quite a bit since the board became moderated -- which would make sense, since there is now a built-in waiting period betweeen posts. If I were to vote on a time to see faster updating, it would probably be evening in the USA (i.e., 6:00 pm EST til 12:00 pm PST).

Thanks for asking.

Sure, I'd be glad to help. But others have also volunteered and if the number of moderators got high enough, it wouldn't be much work for anyone. Teamwork works and there are lots of trustworthy guys here.

And since it's my impression that there are guys from other continents who come here regularly, having someone from Britain, Australia, Czechoslovakia (only a couple hours off Britain, but they're SO cute there), etc. would help in the middle of the night for people who want to post at that time.

Not to mention Hawaii -- don't we have people who visit from there?

>don't understand the reluctance to

>appoint more moderators, even in

>the short run. But

>I do acknowledge that those

>are the kinds of decisions

>HB gets to make by

>virtue of it being his

>site.

Appoint? There was no "appointment" -- we all, every one of us, volunteered.

Feel free to volunteer yourself!

During the week, I do most of my posting and internet surfing after 10:00 p.m. eastern time. I've also posted early in the morning -- say between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m., but those posts are few and far between -- I usually sleep in! ;-) On weekends, I post and surf at almost anytime of the day.

Archived