Jump to content

For all the bitter queens out there :o)


BewareofNick
 Share

This topic is 7496 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Recommended Posts

A lot has been said in the past few months about Hooboy and this site. That is, in part, why these forums are now moderated. Rather than rehash what has gone before, I though I would post here something from the e-mail sextion of this site (a part that is often overlooked) that I think says a lot:

 

*****************************************************************

 

From North Carolina escort Joey Adams, 5/27/2001

 

My name is Joey Adams and I have been listed on your North Carolina page for some time now, and I must say that your site has not only changed my business, but my life as well. As a result of meeting the elite clientele that (I have found) only come from your site's viewers, I have decided to move to Hawaii and retire. I have taken on a couple of so-called "elite patrons," truly wonderful men who are investing in my future.

 

Over the next month or two, I will continue with the arduous process of removing myself from the internet. After three years in this business, I'm sure that it's going to take some time...lol. I have reviewed the information for being removed from your site, and will let you know when it is appropriate to remove my listing (i.e. all other ads are down, and that I'm sure I don't need any more clients :-). I would like for your site to be the last ad that I have posted and may even keep it (just in case...lol).

 

The reason why I am emailing you is (kind of) to ask your advice. I flew to Los Angeles today with another escort listed on your site (Allen from Hawaii) to begin a national mainland farewell tour. I am seeing as many of my clients as possible as this will be the last opportunity for them to book with me. My tour begins tomorrow (Sun. 5/27) in North Carolina (my former home state) and ends on 6/20. Though I'm booked fairly well, I thought you might have some ideas for how to "go out with a bang" so to speak. A New York escort that I met tonight suggested that I write to you, because he said that you would want to post something about my retirement/tour. This was news to me...I've never heard of you doing that before, but I figured that even if you didn't you might have an idea or six.

 

After I read the Matt Adams book a couple of years ago I began a crusade to make my escorting business as professionally managed as possible. I've always maintained that this business is as good as the people involved in it...or more to the point...the business is as good as we make it. If we as escorts and clients stand firmly on a rock of integrity and consideration not only will we see our businesses change but our personal lives will transform as well. I know this to be true because my life is proof. I have loved my job and the lifestyle it has afforded me. I have loved my clients and the influence they have had on my life. And perhaps most of all, I have loved making each one of those individuals feel that they were (and are) as uniquely special to me as I am to them.

 

I'm sorry this email is so long...and that I've taken up so much of your time...I'm still not really sure why I'm writing it. Maybe it's just to thank you for making this all possible. I have seen the world now, and am not quite the naive 18 year old boi that I was when I started this almost four years ago. But as a result of your site and the clientele it has brought me, I'm not bitter or jaded in the slightest (or at least not nearly as jaded as I would be had I been an aol hustler for over three years). So again thank you...thank you for everything...I hope you now realize the impact that you have had on my life and on the lives of escorts everywhere....I know a lot of escorts and know for a fact that this sentiment is shared...

Thanks Again... I mean it...

joey adams

ps lemme know if you have any ideas about my tour/retirement

“On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the Eleventh, when no living creature may speak falsely or fail to give answer, a question will be asked. A question that must never, ever be answered: Doctor.....WHO?????"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest wolverine

Does Joey's continuing conviction that he's the center of the universe evidence maturity? I think not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest regulation

>A lot has been said in

>the past few months about

>Hooboy and this site.

>That is, in part, why

>these forums are now moderated.

 

 

If I'm not mistaken, the reason these forums are now moderated is that a former escort whom HB and others recommended in the warmest terms began trashing the site by posting real names and IP addresses of other escorts. Your post makes it sound as though HB introduced moderators because people were criticizing HB and this site. I don't think that's what happened.

 

What exactly is your point? I don't think anyone denies that this site has very effectively used the power of the Internet in much the same way as eBay -- to bring together buyers and sellers who would not otherwise connect, to the benefit of both. Is there some other point you were trying to make?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Fin Fang Foom

I'm reminded of the line from "The Boys in the Band": "I'm ready for my insulin injection."

 

I'm just curious how many of those clients he "loved", and were influential on his life, he saw for free during his farewell tour?

 

Any guesses ladies?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest 7Zach

I guess I am just bitchy today, but the part that got me was the "retire" at 23 and the two "elite patrons investing in his future"...Sounds like rather than retire, he has entered into a long-run exclusive distribution arrangement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This website really is influential. We've all become used to repeated "final" world-wide tours of music stars -- Frank (until his death), Babs and the Judds come to mind. Now, thank to this site, we can revel in "final" world-wide tours of escorts. I can't wait to stand in line for tickets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cut him some slack!

 

You guys are being a little too harsh. Joey's email was directed to HooBoy. He did not post it on this board... someone else did. What he says he is doing in his email is what he is really doing. He is planning to return to college in Hawaii in the fall and therefore retire from escorting. This summer, he is trying to get together one last time with all his clients. Is that a bad thing? I don't think the clients who are meeting with him think so! Is he going to charge them? Of course, he is an escort! Is Joey a good kid? He is a great kid! And unlike all of you guys who have judged him based on one personal email that he wrote to Hooboy that unfortunately got published, I have several personal experiences with him to base my opinion on. And yes... he did charge me. But yes, I had a great time! Yes, I would hire him again given the chance! And yes, I think for his age (21 or 22), he thinks quite clearly!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest DCescortBOY

RE: Cut him some slack!

 

gotta say he sounds pretty self-important to me.

then again, no one asked for my opinion :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Harrison

RE: Cut him some slack!

 

Good grief! What the hell is wrong with this place?

I used to come here under a different name and cut away for a few weeks.

I thought maybe I had misjudged and would give this a place another shot.

Forget it.

What a bunch of bitches! You all wonder why this message board is going downhill? Look in the mirror. You all complain about the negativity that circulates around here and yet when someone writes a harmless, positive, PERSONAL letter, you all jump on the bandwagon and start beating the poor guy down.

Hell, you will all probably look at this and then just judge it for whatever misspellings have occured or any grammatical errors.

Get over yourselves. Life is way too short for you all to be this bitter, bitchy and cynical!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RE: Cut him some slack!

 

Harrison is right (though a bit stident for me).

 

IMHO the point of this thread is how M4M ER helped "make" this guy's career. For that he thanked HooBoy.

 

We too often hear from shady escorts who blame this site for defaming them. Here is someone who provides a good service who has been helped by this site.

 

Let's always remember that what is entertainment for the client is bread and butter for the escort. We may even have the power to make or break a career. Let's use that power fairly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest 7Zach

RE: Cut him some slack!

 

To me, your comments are way over the top; and people do read the email section, and hooboy does publish the emails, so it's not truly PERSONAL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Rookie

RE: Cut him some slack!

 

>You guys are being a little

>too harsh.

 

Marc -- I wholeheatedly agree with you - except that perhaps you are guilty of an understatement. I think this thread has gotten WAY out of control and people are being way too harsh with Joey who, after all, didn't start this thread. And, I seriously doubt that BEWARE's intention was to start a negative thread or open Joey up to ridicule.

 

This

>summer, he is trying to

>get together one last time

>with all his clients.

>Is that a bad thing?

> I don't think the

>clients who are meeting with

>him think so!

Is

>he going to charge them?

> Of course, he is

>an escort! Is Joey

>a good kid? He

>is a great kid!

 

Like you, I know Joey. To echo your sentiment - he is a great kid!!! I count myself lucky to call Joey a "friend." And, while I have no illusions about our relationship being anything more than strictly professional - Joey has always made me feel important to him and more of a friend than a client. And, yes, I posted one of his reviews on this site. And, yes, I paid him. And, did it gladly.

 

I hope I'm lucky enough to get to see him before he heads back to Hawaii for school. And, I have no problem at all with the idea of paying him during his good bye trip. He's always been worth every cent of his fee. And, while I admire his desire to return to College, I will definitely miss him. And, for those of you who haven't had the opportunity to meet and know Joey -- this is definitely your loss. Though I don't have much experience with the group of escorts usually characterized as the BEST, I would stack Joey up against almost anyone - especially in terms of his professionalism and attitude toward his clients.

 

>And unlike all of you

>guys who have judged him

>based on one personal email

>that he wrote to Hooboy

>that unfortunately got published, I

>have several personal experiences with

>him to base my opinion

>on.

 

As for the email message to HooBoy, Joey might have posted it with the idea of attracting more clients for his retirement tour. And, if he did, that's fine with me. Some of us who read this board work for companies who market their products and do everything they can to make sure their ads appear in the best possible location in publications and/or are broadcast at the best time to attract the desired audience. Can we, in all good conscience, turn around and flog Joey for being suspected of doing what our employers do every day of the year??? People are ignoring the fact that he is a good escort and is grateful for the business that has come his way as a result of this site. Perhaps he should have put it in the Escorts Travel section of the site - but, he didn't -- too bad!

 

> And yes, I think

>for his age (21 or

>22), he thinks quite clearly!

>

 

You don't need my concurrence -- but, once again, you're absolutely correct!!! Joey has always struck me as a very level-headed guy and fairly mature for his age. And, I wish Joey nothing but the best on his retirement trip and during his retirement. But, frankly, I hope he finds retirement boring and decides to come back to us.

 

Rookie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

>>A lot has been said in

>>the past few months about

>>Hooboy and this site.

>>That is, in part, why

>>these forums are now moderated.

>

>

>If I'm not mistaken, the reason

>these forums are now moderated

>is that a former escort

>whom HB and others recommended

>in the warmest terms began

>trashing the site by posting

>real names and IP addresses

>of other escorts. Your

>post makes it sound as

>though HB introduced moderators because

>people were criticizing HB and

>this site. I don't

>think that's what happened.

 

 

No, I did not make it sound like that. As I stated it is 'in part' why the forums are now moderated. Hooboy did not moderate the forums solely because he was criticized. He did it because the person who was criticizing him was spinning out of control.

 

 

>What exactly is your point?

>I don't think anyone denies

>that this site has very

>effectively used the power of

>the Internet in much the

>same way as eBay --

>to bring together buyers and

>sellers who would not otherwise

>connect, to the benefit of

>both. Is there some

>other point you were trying

>to make?

 

Yes, there is another point. As it was addressed to the bitter old queens out there, my point was that here is an escort who found his relationship with Hooboy and the M4M site to be a positive one. After all the bile and vitriol that had been spun here, I thought it would be nice to post something positive. Seeing as how not eveyone reads the e-mail section, I thought I would post it for those who don't. There are no secret codes, hidden agendas or X-Files here. As Sigmund Freud once said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"

“On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the Eleventh, when no living creature may speak falsely or fail to give answer, a question will be asked. A question that must never, ever be answered: Doctor.....WHO?????"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RE: Cut him some slack!

 

>Good grief! What the hell

>is wrong with this place?

>

>I used to come here under

>a different name and cut

>away for a few weeks.

>

>I thought maybe I had misjudged

>and would give this a

>place another shot.

>Forget it.

>What a bunch of bitches!

>You all wonder why this

>message board is going downhill?

> Look in the mirror.

> You all complain about

>the negativity that circulates around

>here and yet when someone

>writes a harmless, positive, PERSONAL

>letter, you all jump on

>the bandwagon and start beating

>the poor guy down.

>Hell, you will all probably look

>at this and then just

>judge it for whatever misspellings

>have occured or any grammatical

>errors.

>Get over yourselves. Life is

>way too short for you

>all to be this bitter,

>bitchy and cynical!

 

 

well, now you know why I addressed this topic to all the bitter queens..:o)

“On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the Eleventh, when no living creature may speak falsely or fail to give answer, a question will be asked. A question that must never, ever be answered: Doctor.....WHO?????"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...