Sex for Silverbacks

Will
This topic is 8365 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest regulation

>>If I ever feel in need of advice from you, I'll rush to the nearest hospital for a CAT scan. That would be a sure sign of a brain tumor.<

>

>I didn't reply to the above

>piece of fluff the first

>time you used it a

>month or so ago. It

>was as unworthy of a

>response then as it is

>now. I only point it

>out at this point as

>a way of letting you

>know that you can put

>it to bed at long

>last.(But if that tumor becomes

>a real nuisance, I will

>happily lance it for you.)

>

>

I didn't ask you to respond to it, Joey. I post it as a way of expressing my disdain whenever you presume, as you have on several occasions, to tell me how I ought to live my life. Given the life you've lived, do you really feel qualified to give such advice to others?

>>Really, Joey, what did you expect?<

>

>I didn't expect anything, honestly. I

>mentioned your words originally because

>they had struck me as

>funny and pertinent to the

>current topic. I paid you

>a very casual compliment,

Except for the "cut and dry" part, right? Odd how you "forgot" to mention that.

with

>no regard for the sillines

>of some old thread. A

>thread wherein you said some

>awful things to me, and

>even worse to others. So

>what? We're all victims of

>our own perceptions and subjectivity.

>You talked shit but don't

>see it that way. I

>talked shit back because I

>thought you deserved it. My

>mistake, your mistake, who cares?

It was YOUR mistake. In that thread as in every other in which I participate, I followed one rule: I am never the first to engage in personal attacks on another poster. I made the very simple (and I think unassailable) comment that those who want to avoid the risk of being arrested for prostitution can best do so by avoiding the offense. For that you peppered (actually the word you used was "spritzed") me with personal insults. I think that's a rotten thing to do just because someone disagrees with you on an issue.

>It's ancient history in my

>mind. And here's a thought

>you might not understand, but

>I take some small degree

>of stock in the things

>you say in your posts

>(when you're not belittling someone,

>that is.) That being the

>case, I didn't think you'd

>still be harboring a grudge

>over what some subordinate might

>have said to you months

>ago.

Me? Hold a grudge? Why, I would no more do that than Tampa Yankee would interrupt his quest to become a better person by using a smarmy insult like "My mother told me to make allowances," in the "Pussgrapple" thread.

You keep saying you

>don't care what we prostitutes

>think, why shouldn't I believe

>you? If you're lying, and

>you do care, I'm sure

>you have your reasons and

>I apologize for having been

>duped by you.

>

No apology is necessary. I did say that I don't care what the prostitutes I hire think of me. But I didn't say that I'm going to be a complacent target for personal attacks by them or anyone else on this message board. See the difference?

>>It was YOU who decided to start this again by addressing me directly. If you didn't want that to happen, why did you do it?<

>

>As I said above reg, I

>didn't think it was going

>to start something ugly.

I believe you, truly I do. You just thought you could get in a little dig at me and I wouldn't bother to respond. Perfectly understandable.

It used to be a long, long time ago that Regulation went off his nut and stomped out of the room if anyone said any girly language to him at all. I was ugly enough to do it on purpose once or twice myself. Of course, having done drag for charitable benefits for about 10 years, it comes naturally to me. So I would like to congratulate him on not raising to the bait laid down by EvilSwine (I think it was. Please forgive me Evil if it was not you.)

However, that being said, I am going to raise to the bait. I just came back half looped from having a couple of beers with my landlord, which may become my only excuse. Somehow, I cannot see Reg ever being both looped and on the boards and I congratulate him for it.

Now! Whoever used the fake Black accent only days after a group of bullies caused one of our members to leave the room in tears over another Black joke - "Unfortunately, I am a Christian woman and cannot say what I truely think of you!"

Guest regulation

>Hi reg...

>

>Trying to pull me into to

>this one huh??

>

>

I can't force you to participate in this or any discussion. You do so only when YOU want to.

>>Me? Hold a grudge?

>>Why, I would no more

>>do that than Tampa Yankee

>>would interrupt his quest to

>>become a better person by

>>using a smarmy insult like

>>"My mother told me to

>>make allowances," in the "Pussgrapple"

>>thread.

>

>Well, she did and I do...

> Having said that let

>me take this opportunity to

>apologize to you for all

>of my transgressions, real or

>imagined, up to and including

>the slightly misquoted quote above,

>its close enough. Please

>do not take the 'imagined'

>as a put down, it

>is not intended -- just

>an overt recognition on

>my part (and others?) that

>sometimes you overreact to statements,

>finding offense where none is

>intended.

Well, Tampa, the problem is you've insulted me on so many occasions that when you post a remark that could be interpreted that way I can't really be expected to assume that your motives are pure, now can I?

If I could

>claim this in all of

>our exchanges an apology would

>not be necessary.

>

That's a very oblique way of taking some responsibility for your behavior, but it's the first time I can recall that you have actually done so rather than claiming that you "can't remember" or wriggling out in some other way. It's a start.

Guest Joey Ciccone

Reggie needs a nap

>See the difference?<

Sorry reg, but I'm currently staring at the ceiling while humming a nameless tune with no melody. I'll get back to you when I'm not so busy. Until then, just go hang out in that old Stephan LaCoste thread (the one you've obviously printed out and used to wallpaper your bathroom.) I'll meet you there later. And try not to offend the silent ghosts who inhabit that morgue while you're waiting, okay? They need rest just like you.

Guest regulation

RE: Reggie needs a nap

>>See the difference?<

>

>Sorry reg, but I'm currently staring

>at the ceiling while humming

>a nameless tune with no

>melody. I'll get back to

>you when I'm not so

>busy.

Who asked you to get back to me? I don't think you can find any post of mine in this or any other thread in which I've asked you to do anything. Again, it is YOU who started the present argument, without any request or prompting from me whatsoever. Before you did, I had posted nothing addressed to you for many weeks and would have been more than content to continue that. If you don't like this sort of thing, the solution is simple -- don't do it. But whatever you do, don't pretend that you are doing it at my urging or for any reason other than that you feel like doing it.

There's a famous book on acting, and I think that it is John Shurtleff's book on auditioning, which says that a person's needs never really do change no matter how old they get. Maybe just the games they play to get those needs met.

Guest Konga

>Unlike many human

>beings, however, gorillas honor their

>silverbacks.

In response to the above statement I feel I must write and protest, in the strongest possible terms, the flagrant disregard for the feelings and emotions of other posters at this site. Use of the term gorilla perpetuates the belief that these awesome beasts are of limited intelligence and oblivious to any sense of refinement. I happen to be a gorilla, and am quite sure that I speak for many of my primate brethren when I express my distaste for the "g" word. Although not yet a "silverback", I often find myself longing for a revival of the Old World Naturalist term of "Great Ape". A term harkening back to a time when the great apes were creatures inspiring wonder and awe, as opposed to inspiring visions of lowbrowed thugs, as the word "gorilla" now implies.

Thankyou for your time.

Konga

Konga, Ticked and tickled. I just get a bit defensive when any rough-housing comes near Will. First time I've ever admitted that.

And how could I help but acknowledge the personness of gorillas. Leaving aside, for the moment, the sign language experiments, I am not like some on these threads (though I have no animosity towards those that are) who want to adopt children of their own. Aside from those in my theatrical audiences, all of my children (vs. leather boys - I don't think of them as children but as adolescents), I say, all of my children always have had and always will have four legs.

(And yes that rules out acquarium fish. I never could keep them alive. Though maybe now I could - me, the usually black fingered have in my household a plant which has had five puppies! To bed ...)

Guest trekker

Well, as long as we're interested in proper names,

1. Gorilla gorilla gorilla - the western lowland gorilla (found in Cameroon, Central African Republic, Gabon, Congo, and Equatorial Guinea)

2. Gorilla gorilla graueri - the eastern lowland gorilla (found in eastern Zaire)

3. Gorilla gorilla beringei - the endangered mountain gorilla (found in Zaire, Rwanda, and Uganda)

Far from being "lowbrowed thugs" and "of limited intelligence and oblivious to any sense of refinement" it's obvious that anyone whose 3 names are all the same, like Atherton Atherton Atherton, III, must be very highbrow, blue-blooded and well-born, and educated at the best Ivy League schools, dontcha think?

While I enjoy and agree with Will and am a bit ticked at Konga for his post (just a bit, not "majorly"), and thank you for your reply to it, the name Major Major Major does come to mind. I still haven't read that book, but wasn't he a bit dim?

Guest Konga

>While I enjoy and agree with

>Will and am a bit

>ticked at Konga for his

>post.....

>the name Major Major Major

>does come to mind. I still

>haven't read that book, but

>wasn't he a bit dim?

I meant no offense to Will (or you), but by being ticked at me, you've jumped the fence of harmonious goodwill. The kharma cops may soon be after you too, without a care for your admirable intentions. However, I at least appreciate your efforts, as I'm sure does Joseph Heller. Thanks for voicing your concern. I'll try to be more careful (or less dim, if you will) of my phrasing in the future. Those last thoughts were not sarcasm.

Great post trekker! But for the record, the names you posted have all been bestowed by white MEN, whose wealth and social position afforded them the lifestyles of exploring adventurers (along with three or four blue-blooded monikers) masquerading as men of science with an empirical sense of divine right to call whatever they discovered whatever the heck they chose. The "gorilla" had no say in the matter. I hope I don't sound bitter, but in spite of the fact that many an ape is in fact Ivy-League educated, as you graciously point out, it's still very difficult finding work outside of a cage here in the states. Unfortunately there are still too many employers who believe that you can take the gorilla out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the gorilla. Prejudices die hard.

Thanks to Will, trekker, and Bilbo for indulging my fantasy that "gorillas" are people too.

Guest trekker

>While I enjoy and agree with Will and am a bit

>ticked at Konga for his post (just a bit, not

>"majorly"), and thank you for your reply to it, the

>name Major Major Major does come to mind. I still

>haven't read that book, but wasn't he a bit dim?

Well, what can you expect from someone with a military title for a name? (Oh, God! now I've done it! The whole wrath of the military establishment and all the ex-GIs will come crashing down on me. I was just kidding, guys, and I'm one too... ;-))

And anyway, one of those <Major>s was a title and not a name, so he only had 2 names the same.....

Guest trekker

>And how could I help but

>acknowledge the personness of gorillas.

>... Aside from those in my theatrical

>audiences, all of my children

>(vs. leather boys - I don't think of

>them as children but as adolescents),

>I say, all of my children always have

>had and always will have four legs.

But..., but..., gorillas have only two...

Bilbo, I am touched, truly. My daddy always said that it's important to have a bodyguard if you're going to say things that other people might not want to hear. I'm still saying things that other people don't always want to hear, but I thought I'd outgrown the possibility -- though neither the need nor the desire -- for a Knight on a White Charger and now I find that I haven't. Doubtless I'll keep saying hard-to-take things (although I never intend them to be) and I hope you'll keep sticking up for me!

Love, Will

Archived