Jump to content

Macauley Culkin


Guest shadow
 Share

This topic is 1816 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Recommended Posts

Guest shadow

I just saw Macauley Culkin on the cover of New York magazine. At the age of 20, he is the living embodiment of twinkdome. yum

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Fin Fang Foom

Enjoy the magazine because on stage he was devoid of charm or even a hint of talent. I was stunned by his non-performance. He was great as a child but the fact is, as an adult, he has no business trying to act. He simply can't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

>I just saw Macauley Culkin on

>the cover of New York

>magazine. At the age of

>20, he is the living

>embodiment of twinkdome. yum

 

Twinkdome? Is that where they hold the twink olympics? :9

 

Culkin is appearing in a play on Broadway. From the Times review on Friday (yum yum):

 

Mr. Culkin's performance in this short, sweet and extravagantly sentimental play isn't all that accomplished by traditional standards. He speaks his lines with the exaggerated pitch and diction of someone who both loves and is embarrassed by the sound of his own voice. His movements have an almost formal stiffness, arrogant and awkward at the same time.

Yet this actor, who ruled the Hollywood box office before he turned 12 with hits like "Home Alone" and its sequel, turns out to serve the purposes of "Madame Melville" very well indeed. His character's first words, after all, are spoken as someone around 50 recalling events of 1966. Mr. Culkin is portraying not so much an adolescent in real time as a grown man's distanced presentation of himself as he was.

The exaggerated brightness of his presence matches the way we tend to wince at recollections of past selves. In a strange way, Mr. Culkin becomes the pain of memory incarnate. And with Joely Richardson and Robin Weigert affectingly portraying characters endowed with both the glamour and the insights afforded by retrospect, "Madame Melville" may wind up melting even those determined to withstand its misty-eyed sensibility.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest shadow

>>I just saw Macauley Culkin on

>>the cover of New York

>>magazine. At the age of

>>20, he is the living

>>embodiment of twinkdome. yum

>

>Twinkdome? Is that where they hold

>the twink olympics? :9

>

>Culkin is appearing in a play

>on Broadway. From the Times

>review on Friday (yum yum):

>

>

>Mr. Culkin's performance in this short,

>sweet and extravagantly sentimental play

>isn't all that accomplished by

>traditional standards. He speaks his

>lines with the exaggerated pitch

>and diction of someone who

>both loves and is embarrassed

>by the sound of his

>own voice. His movements have

>an almost formal stiffness, arrogant

>and awkward at the same

>time.

> Yet this actor,

>who ruled the Hollywood box

>office before he turned 12

>with hits like "Home Alone"

>and its sequel, turns out

>to serve the purposes of

>"Madame Melville" very well indeed.

>His character's first words, after

>all, are spoken as someone

>around 50 recalling events of

>1966. Mr. Culkin is portraying

>not so much an adolescent

>in real time as a

>grown man's distanced presentation of

>himself as he was.

> The exaggerated brightness

>of his presence matches the

>way we tend to wince

>at recollections of past selves.

>In a strange way, Mr.

>Culkin becomes the pain of

>memory incarnate. And with Joely

>Richardson and Robin Weigert affectingly

>portraying characters endowed with both

>the glamour and the insights

>afforded by retrospect, "Madame Melville"

>may wind up melting even

>those determined to withstand its

>misty-eyed sensibility.

 

 

ok, but was he cute? :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest BeercanThick

yeagahhhhhhh!!

 

Macauley Culkin? I don't get this attraction at all. He looks like he's wearing lipstick all the time.

 

I think one of the funniest things I ever saw was the "wedding" picture of him and his bride. He was wearing a top hat and tails and looked like he stepped out of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest ChicagoCorey

To each his own, but I've got to agree with the "lipstick" comment and the "wedding picture" comment. But I've always been more of a daddy-liker anyway.

 

But what this thread really proves is that you NEVER, EVER can guess what will come up in the subject lines on this board. When the forum description for "The Lounge" was written, this must be what they meant by "anything topic"

 

-------

[email protected]

pics/rates available by request

website/new pics coming soon (fingers crossed)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest shadow

>Macauley Culkin = Gothic Twink

>

>These are two cultural phenomenons that

>should never have met in

>the first place. Let alone

>taken up residence in the

>same body.

 

hey nycman,

 

can you elaborate on what you mean by gothic twink?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

>hey nycman,

>

>can you elaborate on what you

>mean by gothic twink?

 

At the risk of being labeled "the one who kept the Macauley Culkin thread alive"...

 

Kids that are into the Gothic scene (so called Goths) tend to dress in black, listen to VERY depressing music, wear long black overcoats, dye their hair flat black, wear very pale/white face makeup and use way too much mascara. Think of an anemic Dracula. A lot of capes, crosses, skulls, and assorted death imagery. You get the idea. I'm sure you've seen them at the local mall.

 

Generally it's a phase. Most newcomers to NYC go through some lesser version of this before they realize we don't ALWAYS wear black. Thus the many pictures of Macauley Culkin on Park Avenue looking very much like the walking dead.

 

The added twist in his case is his inherently high twink factor. Lanky, blond, young, not too bright...I doubt you need my help with the twink part of the equation. If you do...first surrender your queer card and then we'll start the Special ED Queer class in the backroom....so the other fags don't make fun of you.

 

In the case of Macauley Culkin, the two images jar in a really unpleasant way. Extremely sickly and pathetic. There was previously no term to describe this new “half Goth” and “half twink” creature . So I created the term "Gothic Twink".

 

There you have it...any questions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest shadow

>

>He looks like he's wearing

>lipstick all the time.

 

mmmmmm... I can just imagine those red lips around my............. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

>Kids that are into the Gothic

>scene (so called Goths) tend

>to dress in black, listen

>to VERY depressing music, wear

>long black overcoats, dye their

>hair flat black, wear very

>pale/white face makeup and use

>way too much mascara. Think

>of an anemic Dracula. A

>lot of capes, crosses, skulls,

>and assorted death imagery. You

>get the idea. I'm sure

>you've seen them at the

>local mall.

 

And they just LOVE "The Cure" and "Depeche Mode". "Love, love will tear us apart again."

-RH

Fun, Fit, Friendly in West Hollywood/Los Angeles and Southern California

RH--RentMen         RH-Website           RH-MassageAd            My 100+ Gushing Reviews     Email: [email protected]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest blankman

I vote for TWOTH.

 

I also find this boy to be completely unattractive.

 

And that goes double for Leonardo di Caprio. What, what, what was that all about anyway?

 

When I saw Culkin's wedding pictures I almost died. I thought child marriage happened only in the third world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Nocturnal

I think he is adorable. I saw a recent interview of him on 20/20 and he is still cute. He comes across as very sweet and yes, a bit innocent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 15 years later...
I just saw Macauley Culkin on the cover of New York magazine. At the age of 20, he is the living embodiment of twinkdome. yum

 

 

1480627855493-6400.jpg.cf.jpg

 

 

th?&id=OIP.M10daa0c67754284f23d8279616b91294o1&w=299&h=173&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Whoever would have guessed that a TV reality star with no government experience, 6 bankruptcies, 5 children from 3 different marriages, 11 charges of sexual assault, 4,000+ lawsuits would turn out this bad?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Engaged in a bit of schadenfreude?

 

A bit of 'careful what you hope for, you might get it (him)'.

Whoever would have guessed that a TV reality star with no government experience, 6 bankruptcies, 5 children from 3 different marriages, 11 charges of sexual assault, 4,000+ lawsuits would turn out this bad?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...