Trip to Los Angeles

Guest bollo
This topic is 8390 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest bollo

Hey, everyone. I am thinking about a trip to Los Angeles. I've never been there and decided it might be a good city to visit. What is the best part of town to stay in? I guess I'll be doing the touristy things. Any good moderate price hotel recommendations? Thanks.

Guest Traveler

>Hey, everyone. I am thinking

>about a trip to Los

>Angeles. I've never been

>there and decided it might

>be a good city to

>visit. What is the

>best part of town to

>stay in? I guess

>I'll be doing the touristy

>things. Any good moderate

>price hotel recommendations? Thanks.

>

I found a fantastic AAA $115 rate at the Wyndham in the boystown West Hollywood location (Summerfield Suites) for Thursday-Sunday. The location is perfect. There's also a Ramada which is reasonable and right in the heart of things on Santa Monica Blvd. If you're looking for something cheaper, I have other suggestions.

I'm also going to LA again soon. Does anyone remember who it was who got runner up for 2000? There is such a long list, and I can't seem to find the guy...

There's also a Ramada which is reasonable and right in the heart of things on Santa Monica Blvd. If you're looking for something cheaper, I have other suggestions.

I'm also going to LA again soon. Does anyone remember who it was who got runner up for 2000?

i have always stayed at the ramada on santa monica, found it comfortable and very convenient.

would the one you're looking for be brett silvers?

The West Hollywood/Beverly Hills area is probably where you would want to stay. (Westwood and the beach cities -- including Santa Monica are very nice) Don't stay in downtown LA.

But weho and adjacent Beverly Hills are gay and very nice.

In addition to the above recomendations (which are good), there is a reasonably nice gay B&B on San Vincente Blvd, just above Santa Monica Blvd -- the San Vincente Inn. It's nice actually. Lots of bars within walking distance (including Numbers which is a hustler bar.) I've never been in it, but it's supposed to be interesting. Have fun.

West LA is one of the great corners of the world.

I think a lot depends on (1) what kind of "touristy" things you want to do, and (2) if you have a car.

Having a car is almost a necessity, unless you're going to do things in a fairly restricted area (e.g., just WeHo, or just Santa Monica.)

I'm assuming that you want to do stuff like maybe Disneyland (and the new California Adventure), Venice, some museums... but that's just my speculation. What do YOU want to do/see? That would dictate where you'd be best off staying. And there are some lower-priced options if you get out of the WeHo/BH area.

Guest Merlin

If you bargain a little, you should be able to get a $119 rate at Ramada on Santa Monica. It is within easy walking distance of Mickey's, Rage, and Numbers. A number of good places to eat.

If you want to stay on Venice Beach and vist Gold's, you can stay at Marina Pacific Hotel where some of the bodybuilders stay.

Guest LAbuyer

I would definitely stay at the Ramada on Santa Monica blvd. or one of the hotels on Sunset Blvd. in West Hollywood. Lots of resturants, bars, coffee shops and shopping at walking distance.

Have fun!

The Coral Sands might be inexpensive, but it's far from everything. If the original poster prefers budget accommodations, I would suggest the Hollywood Orchid Suites which is right by the Chinese Theater for $70. They have a website at http://www.orchidsuites.com. Or, for $60, there's the Guest House Inn at 7721 Beverly Blvd, which is right by CBS Studios and the Farmers' Market, less than 2 miles from Boystown, West Hollywood.

Somerfield

LAST EDITED ON May-04-01 AT 10:04PM (EST)[p]When my Mom was in town last month I put her up in the Summerfield suites (1/2 block from my place.). She loved it and I also feel that it is MUCH nicer than the Ramada and worth the extra $30-40 night.

http://www.wyndham.com/Summerfield/WestHollywood/default.cfm

Enjoy your stay in LA LA land.

-Hagen

http://www.rodhagen.com

Archived