Remington's news?

Guest fedssocr
This topic is 8433 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest fedssocr

Anyone out there been to Remington's in Toronto lately? When I was there back in January a lot of the boys seemed to be thinking about taking a couple of months off since business had been down so much. Just wondered if things have picked up any...

Guest Shoppin Around

The dancers are complaining that people are just looking and not taking them for dances. I think the increase to $20 a dance has reallycaused this more than anything else. Lots of dancers, even willing to haggle on price, but still they don't seem too busy.

Well, when I was at Remingtons in January it definitely appeared be at an all time low - most of the good dancers weren't there and there were lots of complaints from the ones that were ...

However, I was back there last weekend and things seemed (to me, at least) to have improved a lot - there was a very good selection of dancers (both old and new), the place was busy but not overcrowded, and the atmosphere was very good. I suspect that there still wasn't quite as much money being made as the dancers would have liked - it looked as if only about half of the booths upstairs were ever in use, but from my perspective it was just great.

I was also very pleased to see that Ethan is still in Toronto - he had some plans which would have meant him moving away, but they seem to have fallen through.

So, while I think Remingtons is still far from being as good as it once was, it does seem to be improving and is still well worth a visit.

Guest fedssocr

That's interesting. I talked to Ethan the last time I was there in Jan. and he didn't seem all that enthused about moving away and stuff, so I guess maybe that's good that he didn't. It sounded like the guy he was going away with and he weren't getting along so well. He's a good kid, but I think he's got some pretty major problems.

The real shame for me is "Christian" the boy I was so high on seems to have some trouble telling the truth. :-( I'm not quite as naive as I used to be though, so it didn't effect me the way it once would have.

On my last time up in TO the club was dead on Thursday night, a little better on Friday and pretty crowded on Saturday with a wait from tiem to time for back rooms. In addition to the raising of the proces I think a lot of people were attributing the trouble to the fact that it was the middle of winter. When I was there last March though I'd have to say it as as hot as ever. Anyway, maybe I'll get back up there in the next couple of months. thanks for the updates.

Archived