Toronto revisited

Guest fedssocr
This topic is 8482 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest fedssocr

I know this comes up here a lot, I hope you guys don't mind. :-) I will be returning to Toronto for a few days at the end of January (I know, not exactly the best time for a visit) to attend a couple of concerts. As always I am certain to spend more than my fair share of time (and money) at Remingtons. So, all of you regulars, is there anyone or anything new and exciting going on there these days? My trip in November was the best ever... Is Christian, my fave blond twinky god-boy, still working? Just ever-curious. Thanks for indulging me.

I was in Toronto in December, a week before Christmas and Remingtons was rather disappointing - not many dancers and most of the ones that were there were not very interesting.

This may just have been bad timing on my part, but I have heard of several good dancers who have stopped working there because it just isn't worth it any more (ie they can't make enough money there).

The one thing that made the trip worthwhile was that I finally got to see Ethan again (after just over 2 years!) and that was a *lot* of fun!

Guest fedssocr

Likely the week before Xmas was not a great time to visit. I think a lot of the guys were probably travelling then, I suppose many spend the holidays with family. Ethan is usually a lot of fun though...

I'm also not surprised that some would have stopped working there. There was a real glut of great looking guys there the last couple of times I visited, so I think it probably would make the competition for $$$ greater. I guess I will find out.

i was in toronto nov 30th thru dec 21 and there were quite a few

dancers, some the old standbys, and some fresher faces. i

hesitate to mention my favorites because our likes must be so

dissimilar. i like the opposite of the skinny types such as

christian and ethan (both of whom were there throughout my stay).

there is a lot of tormoil there now concerning the price of lap

dances. the establishment has officially made the price of lap

dances cd$20, and posted signs on the wall about it. the older

(and may i say stale) dancers seem to rub it in the faces of

the regular customers and the customers are rebelling refusing

to pay that much for nothing but touching. my observation is

that the dancers on average are finding it tough to make money.

there are exceptions and certainly exceptional dancers who will

make money (skyler is one of my current favorites, but a complete

opposite of the christian you asked about). something will have

to give with this price thing; hopefully management will come to

their senses before all the dancers stop coming in. i agree with

the locals; i want some value before i give up my hard earned 20

dollars for a 3 to 4 minute song and dance. if the customers

won't pay the money the dancers won't show up, then the customers

also will have no reason to show up.

Guest fedssocr

Thanks for your observations, shy. Nothing wrong with us having opposite tastes...the great thing about Remington's is the "something for everyone" atmosphere. I couldn't agree more with what you have to say about prices and certainly if they give no one any reason to go there the place will not survive. It seems like prices have gone up and down over the years, so I suspect the management will straighten things out.

I have on several occasions gone for a dance with a guy I usually would have said no to since it was "only" $10 per song...with the usual "no touching" rule and the $20 with touching rules in place. Usually it was with a guy who had a great personality and was cute enough but didn't really knock my socks off. Because I liked him otherwise I didn't have a problem spending a little time with them for the cheaper price while just letting him do his thing. Two in particular that come to mind were "Marcel" and "Tyler" who are total sweethearts. But now for $20 a song I'd be much less likely to do so.

Do you think more guys are turning to doing "privates" outside the club to make up for the lost $$$ on dances? I know many (most?) of the guys dancing there already did so, but I guess they might be a little more aggressive about it. Or quit dancing altogether.

I also like going there just to people watch and actually talked to several very nice patrons back in November...I tend to be pretty shy, so it was new territory for me to talk to so many people. Sometimes there are as many good looking customers as there are dancers!

Do you think more guys are turning to doing "privates" outside the club to make up for the lost $$$ on dances? I know many (most?) of the guys dancing there already did so, but I guess they might be a little more aggressive about it. Or quit dancing altogether.

that i don't really have a feel for. i know one, kc steel, has

told someone that he is going to nyc to dance because "there's

no money here anymore". my personal opinion is that nyc won't

shell out the money for him there, either, because i don't think

he has the "look". i am told he does nothing special upstairs

so he's not going to make money at $20 a song at rem.

you are right about not paying someone $20 for a dance where you

might have paid them $10 before - that is where the average or

"stale" guy will lose out.

another question - how long will the montreal guys keep coming

to toronto because "there's more money to be made"?

Guest fedssocr

That's a good question about the Montreal guys. There have certainly been lots at Remingtons on my last few visits. I guess the question is, can they make as much money in Montreal? I have not yet been to Montreal, but from what I understand it's a different sort of scene...one in which I would suspect it's as hard if not harder to generate money just by dancing in a club. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

Also, from what I understand the guys at Remingtons don't get paid to dance, but rather pay to work there. Maybe if that were switched around it would make it more palatable for the dancers. Obviously no one wants to pay good money and then not make any of it back. Perhaps if the club, which obviously wouldn't make much if any money without the dancers, actually paid the guys to work there it would make more sense. Or maybe I'm wrong about that aspect of the club too.

Guest fedssocr

Thanks. That's great news. I leave on next Weds and can't wait to see him again... He told me he had plans to go to Florida some time this winter, but I think he said Feb. I had actually kind of wondered if he would get tired of the whole scene there. He's very outgoing and all, but he certainly could do just about anything he wants...

How was everything else there last weekend? Has the money issue resolved itself yet? Are there enough other hot guys to help occupy me? :-)

I decided to stay at the Delta Chelsea again because of its great location in relationship to pretty much everything, but especially the club. I just hope I don't freeze while walking around town. I'm going to see 54-40 at the Phoenix on Sherbourne Weds. night and I'm thinking that could be a very cold walk back to the hotel after the show!

nothing new to add about the money issue.

friend of christians and same type but with brown hair is still

there, i'm guessing you've seen him before; they both seem to

be there the same nights - he was wearing glasses, don't recall

if he used to wear them. a skinny guy named van was there too,

but he is more muscular than christian, though skinny muscle.

temperature last w/e wasn't bad; really mild compared to the 21

days i was there in dec. take a cab if it gets really bad - 6

dollars or so from sherbourne to yonge. the street car/subway

is a convenient way to travel too, depending where you are

going, for 2 dollars, just dont forget a transfer if necessary.

Guest fedssocr

I think the skinny brown-haired guy you refer to is called Kristof or something like that. He's frequently very drunk by the end of the night. He's actually Christian's ex-boyfriend... Van sounds interesting...I wonder if that might be the guy who was called "Hardcore" when I was there last time. Very handsome, but claimed to be straight and apparently wouldn't allow much of anything in the back room.

Thanks for the other tips. I've been keeping an eye on the weather report and depending on who you believe it looks like it should be relatively mild...highs around freezing and lows in the upper teens to about 20. I figured I could take a cab, but who knows how many of them will be out and about at that time of day.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fedssocr

I just got back from my few days in Toronto. I'm always depressed when I have to leave to come home, but it probably saves me from bankruptcy!

Anyway, Remington's was hot as ever for me this weekend. Business is clearly down which probably has to do with the time of year as much as anything else. There were lots of compact toned guys there, so if people like big, muscular guys there seemed to be fewer there than in the past.

My boy Christian was there, but sounds like he might give up working there for a little while because he's got so many things going on in his life at the moment. I also met this amazing little guy from Montreal called Sebastian. Great little body, very friendly, and tons of fun in the back room.

Lots of the dancers were complaining about the lack of customers willing to spend money on them. I spent a bit more than I had really intended to, but I guess it was worth it.

Archived