rimming

Guest tosca
This topic is 8529 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

how safe is rimming ? i woeld like to know any data in its transmission of diaseases? imagine, swallowing some coliform bacteria from one's anal orifice?

i believe no matter how much cleansing you do, there's no 100%

sterilization of that end.

remember, female usually gets urinary infection from this anal end during sex.

Guest merlin (Guest)

You are right, it is never safe. Still, it is not as unsafe as it would seem. If it were, more gays would have serious diseases. It is usually said HIV is not likely to be transmitted by rimming. A bigger risk is hepatitis, and other serious diseases. If you plan to take the risk, suggest a shower immediately prior to sex. You might use a lub with Nonoxonol 9 which hopefully will kill the microbes. And, don't insert the tongue.

Guest WetDream

It never occured to me that Tosca's kiss might have been a rim job! The opera would certainly have had a happier ending -- but on the other hand it is very hard for her to sing with her tongue up Scarpia's butt.

Rimming is unsafe, period. The danger of hepatitis A and B is particularly acute, and there is some evidence that hepatitis C (VERY difficult to treat) may be transmitted by this route as well. Coliform bacteria such E. coli and other species are notoriously pathogenic (e.g. disease-causing) when transmitted by this route. And the cases of rectal or esophageal gonorrhea and chlamydia are often very difficult to treat and I cannot think of ANY of my past patients presenting with these symptoms who did not require a prolonged recovery.

Using a nonoxynol-9 lubricant is no longer recommended since there is some evidence that this spermicide may cause a breakdown in certain GI and other rapidly growing epithelial and mucosal structures actually increasing the possiblity transmitting sexually-related diseases.

I know I sound like a complete worrier here, but as I have said so often my professional and personal ethics, morals and responsibilities require that I advocate healthy practices.

After this I'll be as unpopular as ever! But hopefully there will be more healthy gay men out there as a result!

Nothing in life is risk-free. You just should know what the risks are before you decide to try something. I'd stay away from the nonoxynol-9, too. But for those not into tongue insertion, I'm sure the risk can be reduced by the use of soap and water. If the object of your attention isn't clean, offer to help him. A friendly hand and a little warm water and suds can be rather sensual in itself!

Besides the other diseases our good doctor has listed, there are a fascinating variety of intestinal parasites to be acquired. Having gone through a number of bouts of amoebic dysentery in days gone by, I've avoided this particular sport. If you haven't gone through it, trust me: it can be holy hell. Like dry heaves, only in reverse. So, now that you've been warned, you'll have to make your own choices!

I don't rim because of troubles it's caused me in

the past: amebiasis, and glossitis (tongue irritation).

However, I have friends who've rimmed more guys than

I ever did, yet have never shown any of the symptoms

I experienced from these diseases. They seem to have

zero trouble from rimming, which has mystified me.

I say "seem"; I don't know whether they've had infections

they didn't know about. But I'm amazed by (and envious of)

how they rim over and over without any apparent problem.

Archived