Montreal Courtyard

Guest buttanovice
This topic is 8556 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest buttanovice

planning my first trip to Montreal. I understand the Courtyard is new and quite nice. How convenient/close is it to the tourist sites, Campus, Stock, etc. and are they "visitor" friendly?

I assume you mean the Marriott Courtyard at 410 Sherbrooke West ...

I stayed there about 18 months ago and it was fine - I'm not sure how new it is, but it was very nice and everything that you would expect from a well maintained Marriott Courtyard.

It isn't really *close* to Campus and the other bars on St Catherine, but it is within walking distance (for me, at least).

I would guess that it's about 1 mile from the hotel to the "gay village" - that was OK when I was there in July but might not be such fun in winter.

I do agree that the Gouverneur is the best hotel to stay at in the gay village. It is very nice and relatively inexpensive. There is a hotel across of the Stock Bar called the St. Andres (I think) that I stayed at years ago. I did enjoy that as well but it was not as nice as the Gouverneur. The Crown Plaza is also a short walk from the village and is quite nice.

Guest Kenneth

Agree completely with the recommendations for the Hotel des Gouverneur. Very comfortable and you can't beat the location. I swear that every time I've stayed there, it seems that at least 50% of guests are gay. Have also seen several of the Campus dancers walking about the premises. wink wink.

Archived