Boardwalk in FTL

msclwrsper

I had seen and heard from various friends that Boardwalk just wasn't worth going to anymore. Now, these friends know my appetite: muscle, the bigger the better. I've always had a good time at Johnson's but the last few times I went to Boardwalk, it didn't satisfy what I was looking for.

This time, I spent a little time talking to the bartender and he convinced my friend and I to just wait. Boardwalk, he said, has become the late bar that folks come to after they've been elsewhere. Well, we got our cocktails and sat for a while and we were pleasantly surprised. More dancers did show up (like around midnight - some even later than that!) as did other customers. They stay open until 5:00 AM on Friday and Saturday! And while I am very much a late person, even I was surprised how late this crowd is. Honestly, I'm just glad the dancers do actually show up late there because I did not leave FTL without some new muscle friends! They were big enough and in really good condition! Now, I have to admit the biggest guys I met were at Johnson's but this trip showed me Boardwalk still has it going on!

On 1/7/2022 at 5:36 AM, msclwrsper said:

I had seen and heard from various friends that Boardwalk just wasn't worth going to anymore. Now, these friends know my appetite: muscle, the bigger the better. I've always had a good time at Johnson's but the last few times I went to Boardwalk, it didn't satisfy what I was looking for.

This time, I spent a little time talking to the bartender and he convinced my friend and I to just wait. Boardwalk, he said, has become the late bar that folks come to after they've been elsewhere. Well, we got our cocktails and sat for a while and we were pleasantly surprised. More dancers did show up (like around midnight - some even later than that!) as did other customers. They stay open until 5:00 AM on Friday and Saturday! And while I am very much a late person, even I was surprised how late this crowd is. Honestly, I'm just glad the dancers do actually show up late there because I did not leave FTL without some new muscle friends! They were big enough and in really good condition! Now, I have to admit the biggest guys I met were at Johnson's but this trip showed me Boardwalk still has it going on!

Does Boardwalk have a website?

• 10 months later...

Just a little update. Staying the night in ftl for work so I stopped by Boardwalk tonight around 11pm. Pretty dead. A couple of customers in the patio and another inside. Saw about a half dozen beefy smooth Latino guys, mostly in their thirties, the kind that are big without any definition. If that’s your type you’ll be very satisfied with the eye candy.

The interaction? Not so much. José, a classically handsome older guy approached me and he was very aggressive and persistent. He gave all sorts of quotes in his haste for the service he promised. He did deliver on it, but the price doubled. Since I was early, there was no door check to the private rooms. But he “heard voices” in the area and said his manager will expect him to pay out $40. I just kept walking. He wasn’t threatening, but boy, what a scammer! He then started to plea “they have cameras!” I sat back at the bar and said I didn’t see any. He then pulled out the scanner sitting on the desk and said “look!” I told him it wasn’t a camera. He then started pleading with the bartender in Spanish (which I understood, which was basically asking if the manager was here). I gave him the $40 to just make it end and vowed to not come back. I finished my drink (not before every remaining dancer caught wind and made their own attempts, almost forming a line).

Couldn’t finish that drink fast enough, lol.

Just wanted to reiterate that I never felt unsafe, but I was definitely hustled. Luckily it wasn’t too much. Gonna try Johnson’s next and post on that thread.

Edited by AndreG

Guest slvkguy
56 minutes ago, AndreG said:

Just wanted to reiterate that I never felt unsafe, but I was definitely hustled. Luckily it wasn’t too much. Gina try Johnson’s next and post on that thread.

be very very careful at Boardwalk at all times. I’ve been there when some very unpleasant & costly things went down w friends that I didn’t think possible in the US.

Johnson’s doesn’t have that same edge, but you will never get taken advantage of there. Never. It just doesn’t happen. 

10 hours ago, AndreG said:

Since I was early, there was no door check to the private rooms.

In all the times I've been there over the years I've never had anyone check in our room during a private dance. At times, I was in there for a while and things became very interactive, but again no one checked on us. The only interruptions were an occasional dancer with a customer, checking to see if the room was available.

10 hours ago, AndreG said:

I stopped by Boardwalk tonight around 11pm. Pretty dead.

Yeah, a Tuesday night I wouldn't expect to have much going on. Wed is supposedly busier now due to dancers coming in for "Giovanni's Parties". Fri & Sat are also busier. I don't know how they're able to do it, but Boardwalk is now open until 4:00 am I think on Fri & Sat at least, maybe other nights too. A lot of people start coming in around 2:00 or 3:00 after the other bars/clubs close.

On 11/16/2022 at 8:59 AM, jeezopete said:

Yeah, a Tuesday night I wouldn't expect to have much going on. Wed is supposedly busier now due to dancers coming in for "Giovanni's Parties". Fri & Sat are also busier. I don't know how they're able to do it, but Boardwalk is now open until 4:00 am I think on Fri & Sat at least, maybe other nights too. A lot of people start coming in around 2:00 or 3:00 after the other bars/clubs close.

Is Giovanni still hosting these parties?  I used to get posts on FB almost every day advertising them, but none for the last month.

To be fair, I was clear that I was there on a weekend and that I went back REALLY late. So to have expectations for 11:00 PM on Tuesday...well. It was Tuesday at 11:00.

As another poster has said in the thread, I know how to say no and don't have a problem being firm and just letting a dancer keeping walking on by. They stop asking after the second or third "no thanks." And I had plenty of incredible interaction with the dancers that we're uber hot.  Argentinians that clearly come up to make their money and have plenty to live on for the year.  The three that I enjoyed were in superb shape; two of them compete. And they were very generous with their time. I always stayed at the bar or did a more private dance in the corner. I never went to the back room.  Didn't need to. And all that money went directly to the dancer. They know how to play the game and so do I!

As for sleazy...one man's junk is another man's treasure. I never thought Boardwalk was sleazy haha If that's sleazy, I doubt you'd enjoy any of the bars I've been to in Mexico! But to each his own! More fun for those of us who enjoy it until the wee hours of the morning! For the record, I enjoy Johnson's too. It's just  a different vibe and totally  different kind off stripper bar. I enjoy both!

On 11/22/2022 at 12:43 AM, msclwrsper said:

I always stayed at the bar or did a more private dance in the corner. I never went to the back room.  Didn't need to. And all that money went directly to the dancer.

This 💯 I will remember on my next trip to Wilton Manors in February.

When I look back on my handful of experiences at Boardwalk, very little extra enjoyment came from the private rooms.  I had better bang for the buck getting massaged by a hot guy at the bar, caressing a hot guy at the bar, etc.

I was planning on skipping Boardwalk this upcoming trip entirely, opting for Johnson's and LeBoy instead.  You've inspired me to try again, but pursue a different kind of fun with different types of men in a different environment than the other clubs... And to arrive after 2am on Fridays and Saturdays.... And to stay out of the private rooms.

Edited by Vegas_nw1982

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2022 at 3:54 PM, RadioRob said:

I'm actually heading back this weekend through Friday till Tuesday and then will be back again most likely for New Years.  

Can you give your estimation of the crowd at Boardwalk? Last year there were some great muscle guys from Argentina that literally made it worth my while to sit and wait for them to let me worship at the bar or in the corner. 

From the looks of the ads, I haven’t seen any muscle there. But they don’t do a great job of using their social media to “show the goods”! Anyway, just looking for some opinions to help with my next few days here…

Boardwalk turns into a late night club after a Johnson’s closes.  Dancers from all over including Miami show up. There can be very nice muscular guys working.  They can be very playful at the bar.  The Lapdance area does have a $30 fee to the house each time you go, not just the first time.   That area is very private.  Lately, there have been more than a few dancers on Thur, Fri, Sat that fit what you are looking for.  😉