HIV +

Guest Hopeless
This topic is 8564 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Hopeless

Is anyone out there HIV postive? What were your first symptoms? When did you find out you had it? Working on a reference paper and would like some firsthand reports from the real world.

Dear person whom I hope changes his name to hopeful, since that is the way that nearly all the PWAs that I know love their lives,

You would probably get more results if you were to list an address where people could talk to you privately. Especially in this situation, this is a subject which is rarely talked about in a large group.

And while I would personally talk about it here if I were HIV+, which I am not, I am known as one of the Queens of TMI (Too Much Information) when it comes to talking about myself.

Guest travisnyc

LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-00 AT 05:34PM (EST)[p]I believe there is a section on "cruisingforsex.com" dealing with discussions on HIV. All the other sections/topics are very "first hand/personal" knowledge so would think the same about that section. If memory serves it may be on the main listing page or in the "message board" area.

Please stand by for a message from my partner, Cub, who will have his own account on this page as of tomorrow:

I've been positive for the past twelve years, fullblown for the last nine, my symptoms were different than most people's symptoms. Instead of having a high temperature, flu like symptoms, for two to three days, I discovered a floater in my eye on April 1st, 1988. Called my GP who did blood work and also made me an appointment with an opthamologist in the same building. Floater was of a general type, not CMV related, and it was unusual that it appeared in my eye at only 31. My bloodwork came back positive even though I had tested negative the previous fall at the anonymous sex clinic. My second partner had infected me. I had not realized his wide and varied sexual history with people that later died of AIDS.

If you want more details, feel free to write me at Loyal989@aol.com.

Guest travisnyc

If by any chance this is not for a paper but for yourself PLEASE go to a doctor. If you are afraid to or live in a small town, use the doctors who read and contribute to this board as resources. VERY important to catch it in the early stages if possible. You are anonymous on this board so have no fear.

Archived