Problem with Political Forum return

This topic is 814 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

One can no longer quote from a post except for the first page, and the site is repeatedly asking the user if they will conform to the policy. I sure this glitch can be fixed quickly enough.... 😉

For now use the multi quote feature. It will work until I can straighten the code out. 

To use Multi Quote, click the plus button to the left of the regular quote button. It will add the quote to your quote queue even cross page (or even topic). Once ready, in the bottom right of the page will be a “Quote X posts” button. 

I only see the quote button if I'm on the first page. Every single time I try to respond to a post, it asks me the questions again about following the rules, then takes me back to the first page. Is there any way to have the system just ask once whether the poster will follow the rules, then accept that answer? I don't see the utility in asking this question repeatedly. 

You would see it if you had to deal with as many as 20 reports in a single day originating from this one forum.  To put that in perspective… That’s around how many reports we had for the entire rest of the site during the entire politics hiatus. 

The rules overall have been the same for YEARS. However here it seems people seem to be needed to reminded of them very frequently. 

I’m working on a bug fix in the mean time where if you click the “I Agree” button that it returns you to the page you were on previously. 

1 hour ago, RadioRob said:

I’m working on a bug fix in the mean time where if you click the “I Agree” button that it returns you to the page you were on previously. 

Unfortunately, at this time, when I click on the "I Agree" button, it goes to page 1. If I then go to the most current page again, it asks me the same question again, and will keep returning me to page 1. No way around that that I can find. The way to take care of it seems to just tag the poster that he has agreed to the rules, so it doesn't need to keep asking every time he responds. 

It looks as though others are having the same problem:

Luv2play

On 12/30/2020 at 2:06 AM, DR FREUD said:

I would be interested in who has gotten the Coronavirus vaccination already or when you do actually get the vaccine. They made very few appointments available in my county starting today. I was able to secure an appointment for my first shot next week. Florida of course is charting its own course by allowing all adults over 65 to be in the early vaccination program. So have you got your shot?

This seems to be the only way to post now, at the beginning of the thread. So here in Ontario, we went back to semi lockdown today, with schools, restaurants, bars and gyms all closed. What a way to start 2022.

Maybe, we can just let the political fires burn themselves out?
Wasn’t that the whole point of creating a politics section in the first place?
"Reporting" people in the political forum…..seems a little 4th grade. 
And the new "chastity" oath is even funnier. 
It’s nice to be civil, but politics is dirty.
You know that when you walk in the door.

Of course, this is coming from a man who wore a "Fuck Censorship" T-shirt through
most of the 1980’s and chooses to ignore the entire politics forum, so maybe I’m
not the best one to ask…..

Edited by nycman