Goodbye Betty White better known to younger folks as Rose Nylund! The last of the Golden Girls!

marylander1940

• 2 weeks later...

I  watched an earlier Variety Performance from 1980. Also interesting. At the end with all the performers on stage, a special guest was announced.: James Cagney.

It may have been his last public appearance. Cagney was appearing in the film "Ragtime."  He refused to fly. So he traveled to England by boat. Cagney was especially interested in saying hello to the elderly Lillian Gish and Pat O'Brain who were also on stage.

Thanks, @marylander1940

• 10 months later...

The house she lived in for years before she died was sold recently and it has been demolished.  Sadly, this is not the first time a house she lived in disappeared.

Blanche: This is horrible. As Big Daddy used to say, "I'm feeling lower than the rent on a burnin' building."
Rose: That's funny. I used to live in a burning building. And it was cheap. It was Charlie's and my first house. Well, scoff if you must, but it was warm and toasty. I'll never forget Charlie throwing me over his shoulder and dashing across the threshold. Oh, it was a beautiful place. Three bedrooms, two baths. Then two bedrooms and one bath. Eventually, we outgrew the place.

4 minutes ago, samhexum said:

The house she lived in for years before she died was sold recently and it has been demolished.  Sadly, this is not the first time a house she lived in disappeared.

Blanche: This is horrible. As Big Daddy used to say, "I'm feeling lower than the rent on a burnin' building."
Rose: That's funny. I used to live in a burning building. And it was cheap. It was Charlie's and my first house. Well, scoff if you must, but it was warm and toasty. I'll never forget Charlie throwing me over his shoulder and dashing across the threshold. Oh, it was a beautiful place. Three bedrooms, two baths. Then two bedrooms and one bath. Eventually, we outgrew the place.

I’m sorry for your loss ;)