Best website for Schadenfreude

This topic is 853 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Have you seen of the website which posts the names and stories of prominent anti-vaxxers who succumbed to the disease? Most seem to have gofundme pages to pay for funeral expenses... 😅

www.sorryantivaxxer.com

3 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Have you seen of the website which posts the names and stories of prominent anti-vaxxers who succumbed to the disease? Most seem to have gofundme pages to pay for funeral expenses... 😅

www.sorryantivaxxer.com

Hmmm.  It bothers me that a site like that exists.  I'm a huge supporter of vaccines and would be vaccinated against everything if I could, but I doubt that posting the names and stories that way is doing anything to encourage a change in people's behaviour. Rather, it more likely only hurts the deceased family members who are mourning a loss.  That loss is real, irrespective of whether or not the person who died was an antivaxxer.  Not trying to be a wet blanket, but I think sites like that primarily stir the pot and don't address the main issue of educating people about the scientific basis for being vaccinated.

Edited by CuriousByNature

33 minutes ago, CuriousByNature said:

Hmmm.  It bothers me that a site like that exists.  I'm a huge supporter of vaccines and would be vaccinated against everything if I could, but I doubt that posting the names and stories that way is doing anything to encourage a change in people's behaviour. Rather, it more likely only hurts the deceased family members who are mourning a loss.  That loss is real, irrespective of whether or not the person who died was an antivaxxer.  Not trying to be a wet blanket, but I think sites like that primarily stir the pot and don't address the main issue of educating people about the scientific basis for being vaccinated.

Totally agree. The site is doing harm to family members and close friends of the folks who passed away. 

32 minutes ago, E.T.Bass said:

Knowing how much vaccine misinformation and how many wild vaccine conspiracy theories are posted on fanatical Websites, I see value in reminding the error of their ways, these dead folks that bought into the B.S.

Might make a few think twice about the risk taken.

I looked at the site and noticed how it sensationalizes people's deaths, and also saw the comments left by various visitors to the site.  Many comments were far from gracious, and IMHO, that approach is not helpful in changing behaviours.  

If a friend or family member of the deceased stumbled across that page, I'm sure they would quickly figure out what the site's about and stop reading.  I guess that's to say that I doubt it's causing much harm to those people. 

It certainly isn't causing the level of harm that the deceased promoted when they were alive, so I don't have much of an issue that this site exists.  It does seem to be more about celebrating some people's deaths rather than educating anyone.  That being said, the people who are firmly anti-vax aren't going to be convinced by anything posted on a website that doesn't already align with their point of view.

Can't make this stuff up....

Elizabeth Fowler, 39, Oxford, MI. Mother of 7, Husband is Nurse, both anti-vaxx, Died from COVID.

UPDATE (12/9/21): Elizabeth Fowler has passed away. See Below.

UPDATE (12/8/21): FYI, I fixed her age, she's 39 not 44. How Elizabeth is still alive is beyond me. She's been in the hospital for 9 weeks. She's been on an ECMO for 7 weeks. Now she's got some other complications. See below:

UPDATE (11/26/21): We have an update on Elizabeth's condition. Click to See Below:

UPDATE (11/7/21): Elizabeth is in the ICU according to her friends and family. She still on an ECMO machine. Report from friends is below.. Click here to jump to it

Original Story (10/19/21):

They have an immune system. Good to know.

file.png870a07_6dc5138361ea48a4abd16dbdf1bb09fa~mv2.png

This is from John's profile: 

file.png

According to this gofundme Elizabeth has COVID and is in ICU. Elizabeth and John have 7 young children. John is an ER Nurse. As you'll see they are both anti-vaxxers. She's currently on an ECMO machine at the University of Michigan Hospital. If anyone can save her it's the U of M Hospital.

image.png.abf6b9c655c95010c3e23c1ce6f1d654.png

Fred "The Undertaker" Sinistra, 41, Belgium, Kick-boxer, dead from COVID

Note from Vaxman: We have a guest blogger today, Jean-Claude Vax Damn, who is an expert in the Martial Arts and is also against vaccines and instead believes in using his Qi to fight illness.

I just discovered, by letting one of my girlfriends read me this article. that my greatest competition for world alpha-male, Fred "The Undertaker" Sinistra, has been knocked out by COVID. Like a true alpha-male, he refused the vaccine, and then like a valiant warrior, when he got COVID, he checked himself out of the hospital to fight the disease in the ring. On one hand, I give the man much respect for fighting this demon "COVID" on his own, but I must say that he must have been too weak to defeat it. Hear this COVID, I will break you! You will not defeat me so easily!

file.pnga8de9f_ac6b232f03c84215afb8f3d73a13d486~mv2.png

Here he shouts the mantra of all alpha-males: "A WARRIOR NEVER ABDICATES!!!!!!":

file.pnga8de9f_54deb3f5cc124bf0a66567a915226913~mv2.png

Unfortunately my fight of December 4th is canceled. I am disgusted but alive thanks to my little wife and my loving uncle Osman Yigin. A lot of sickness is going to attack my lungs. The CRP showing inflammation in my lungs is 165, and the norm is between 0 and 5. A warrior never abdicates !!!!!! I will come back even stronger. Already thank you all for your support 🙏❤️

And then later posts... "STRENGTH AND HONOR".

You are asking me a lot for my news, I THANK you with all my heart🙏❤️❤️I feel better and better I am being taken care of very well… The prey or the predator? My outlook is exactly the same as for this life. No need to tell you my choice. The march forward has been put since I was born premature and I will continue to fight until death like a man without ever giving up and dying without regrets ... "Strength and honor"

And the announcement of his death:

He joined his beloved eros and is at peace by his side they both watch over us now
CÉLIA & DIEGO you these babies first NEVER doubt it your daddy loves you more than everyone else NEVER forget him either and above all he will always be there for you and me too 😓😓😓❤️❤️❤️❤️

He joined, Eros, the greek god of love and sex. He died a true warrior-man!

RIP Fred!

Bridget Jackson, 29, Port Huron, MI, Account Manager, anti-vaxxer, dead from COVID

According to social media posts (below), Bridgett died 12/22/21 from COVID. She's so young and engaged to be married. But she was an anti-vaxxer and even though her grandfather and SAV entry, Bob Jackson, had died in mid October after battling covid for two months, she remained an anti-vaxxer. In this case, the apple didn't fall far from the tree. She leaves behind 3 children under 10 years old. Such a shame.

file.png870a07_7a8a7b39057e4e1fb701cc774335b2e0~mv2.png

Turns out she was almost as bad as her grandfather:

She hates mandates:

file.png870a07_7c10de0014204f6b94c516be956f8d1c~mv2.png

She's not afraid (this was the day her grandfather got diagnosed with COVID):

file.png870a07_da22138113fb488cbfc15e58bbd4c36f~mv2.png

She hates masks:

file.png870a07_a624391a379245b0aabb6c752b5c6b53~mv2.png

The Abbot and Costello meme:

file.png870a07_caec8ad07428409a8ff08727528fcb1e~mv2.png

She's an attorney too!

file.png870a07_cf424c6deb4444dd9288883d24ff8023~mv2.png

We're the research, fellas! Research to see how much longer we live than unvaxxed people I guess.

file.png870a07_62202f47c160477dbf4c185014656727~mv2.png

No way this is real:

file.png870a07_dcb3981439f44fa6b5aafc6bc20a7a9c~mv2.png

We know! We know what a vaccine is. Apparently she didn't.

file.png870a07_1f0382c5d3a340ed8d550fd0e042c686~mv2.png

She signs a petition agains mandatory masks:

file.png