Eurydice at the Met

cany10011
This topic is 856 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Went to the tepid premiere last night. Lots of eye candy… saw a lot of older-younger gay couples. Saving grace was seeing the countertenor, Jakub Orlinski, bare chested for most of the show.  Perhaps the opera is too modern for my tastes. Seems like it should belong off broadway. My friends seemed to enjoy it though. 

Edited by cany10011

I listened on Sirius, following along with the vocal score. LOVED it. 

I had seen Aucoin's opera "Crossing" when it was produced in Boston a few years back. I was very taken by the music, but found the story and libretto to be sub par. This time, I feel he has a really good match in Sarah Ruhl's libretto based on her own play. I'm looking forward to the HD transmission. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an excerpt from the Eurydice production at the Met. Countertenor Jakub Josef Orlinski and baritone Joshua Hopkins portray the two aspects of Orpheus together in this production:

Here is a video of Mr. Orlinski I found a few years ago on YouTube which made me originally very curious about this beautiful Polish, breakdancing countertenor!

TruHart1 😎

Edited by TruHart1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2021 at 10:33 PM, TruHart1 said:

Here is an excerpt from the Eurydice production at the Met. Countertenor Jakub Josef Orlinski and baritone Joshua Hopkins portray the two aspects of Orpheus together in this production:

Here is a video of Mr. Orlinski I found a few years ago on YouTube which made me originally very curious about this beautiful Polish, breakdancing countertenor!

TruHart1 😎

Sublime moment!