Privacy score

Colton
This topic is 892 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Whatever privacy system you’re using is not accurate. For example our privacy policy is posted. 

https://www.companyofmen.org/privacy

We make use of TLS (formerly known as SSL). 

I’m assuming the tracker it’s noting is Google Analytics which is used by almost all major websites. 

We take privacy seriously. We don’t collect personally identifiable information such as name, phone number, etc even for donations. In fact, we operate under a premise of least privilege, meaning we won’t ask for something we don’t absolutely need. Having an email address for example is critical for our ability to help you recover passwords, etc. We also need to record your IP address for security reasons (preventing fraud, validating users are not hijacking an account, etc).  But we don’t have a sufficient need to have a real name or other factors. 

12 minutes ago, RadioRob said:

We take privacy seriously. We don’t collect personally identifiable information such as name, phone number, etc even for donations. In fact, we operate under a premise of least privilege, meaning we won’t ask for something we don’t absolutely need. Having an email address for example is critical for our ability to help you recover passwords, etc. We also need to record your IP address for security reasons (preventing fraud, validating users are not hijacking an account, etc).  But we don’t have a sufficient need to have a real name or other factors. 

You'll never have a career in the exciting field of telemarketing.

One of my very first jobs was in telemarketing. I did not make it a full day before I made the determination that it was not for me. It’s part of what made me buckle down and get serious about college. 

I ended up walking out with two degrees. So I guess it can’t be THAT bad!  :)  

9 minutes ago, RadioRob said:

One of my very first jobs was in telemarketing. I did not make it a full day before I made the determination that it was not for me. It’s part of what made me buckle down and get serious about college. 

I ended up walking out with two degrees. So I guess it can’t be THAT bad!  :)  

Just think what you could have accomplished if you'd tried selling Avon.

22 hours ago, RadioRob said:

Whatever privacy system you’re using is not accurate.

It’s the duck duck go iOS browser.  so pretty mainstream but not a specialized system.  

22 hours ago, RadioRob said:

I’m assuming the tracker it’s noting is Google Analytics which is used by almost all major websites. 

Yes.  

Apologies if my post came across as criticism.  I only posted it as feedback as I think RadioRob is done a great job  

Edited by Colton