Do you get strange dreams you can't interpret?

I've had this recurring (every 4 weeks or so) dream for the last couple of years that I find annoying and can't figure out. It's that one or more of my teeth are falling out. I've always had very good teeth--only one minor filling in my entire life--so I'm not sure why I get that dream. When I look online at what loose teeth mean in a dream, I get "Teeth falling out are associated with loss and important life changes. This dream could indicate that you're dealing with some kind of loss, like an abrupt end to a relationship or a job change." The dreams kind of did start when I lost my mother, so maybe that's it, or maybe it has something to do with my retirement?

Then last night I dreamt I was in a passionate marriage with Christopher Gorham. Although I was stricken by him when he played a blind CIA agent in Covert Affairs in the early 2010's, I hadn't thought about him in years (and have had many crushes since), so I'm not sure why he came up. I know he's quite straight (albeit a gay ally), long-happily married, with multiple children. I have no idea why he suddenly came to my dreams. For some reason, during the series Covert Affairs, they often had him take his shirt off. I remember swooning all of those times. But there have been many men I've swooned over for decades, even more taken by Greg Evigan or Shaun Cassidy. 

Do you ever wonder why you get vivid dreams? Dreams you can't explain? Here's Christopher Gorham:

Christopher Gorham Collage by slayerxy on DeviantArt

Happy-41st-Birthday-Christopher-Gorham-150814-07

The Gorham Family | NOH8 Campaign

Edited by Unicorn

35 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

I've had this recurring (every 4 weeks or so) dream for the last couple of years that I find annoying and can't figure out. It's that one or more of my teeth are falling out. I've always had very good teeth--only one minor filling in my entire life--so I'm not sure why I get that dream. When I look online at what loose teeth mean in a dream, I get "Teeth falling out are associated with loss and important life changes. This dream could indicate that you're dealing with some kind of loss, like an abrupt end to a relationship or a job change." The dreams kind of did start when I lost my mother, so maybe that's it, or maybe it has something to do with my retirement?

Then last night I dreamt I was in a passionate marriage with Christopher Gorham. Although I was stricken by him when he played a blind CIA agent in Covert Affairs in the early 2010's, I hadn't thought about him in years (and have had many crushes since), so I'm not sure why he came up. I know he's quite straight (albeit a gay ally), long-happily married, with multiple children. I have no idea why he suddenly came to my dreams. For some reason, during the series Covert Affairs, they often had him take his shirt off. I remember swooning all of those times. But there have been many men I've swooned over for decades, even more taken by Greg Evigan or Shaun Cassidy. 

Do you ever wonder why you get vivid dreams? Dreams you can't explain? Here's Christopher Gorham:

Christopher Gorham Collage by slayerxy on DeviantArt

Happy-41st-Birthday-Christopher-Gorham-150814-07

The Gorham Family | NOH8 Campaign

I usually blame random dreams on Mercury being in retrograde! 

732332261_Screenshot_20211015-140657_SamsungInternet.jpg.adba3f377e7b6a46bbd14de30306ec80.jpg

26 minutes ago, not2rowdy said:

May not apply to your situation but there have been many reports of very vivid dreams being reported following COVID-19 infection. Go to your search engine and type in:

Covid dreams

He said it's been going on for a couple of years.

On 10/15/2021 at 2:31 PM, samhexum said:

If you like Mr. Gorham, you should've watched UGLY BETTY.

Thanks for the tip. I looked it up on Netflix, and CG is listed as the 11th actor in the series. Is he prominent throughout the series? Just some episodes? Does he have his shirt off a lot? One thing I like about Covert Affairs is that he seemed to need to take his shirt off a lot, for some reason. Such a gorgeous body. 

I had a similar experience years ago with dreams about my teeth falling out suddenly and multiple teeth at a time. They were very distressing dreams and I would wake up with vivid flashback.

This was in my 30s and they have never come back. I was dealing with accepting being gay so maybe that was the cause. It had nothing to do with my teeth since they were fine and I still have them all except for my molars which were extracted in my 20s.

3 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Thanks for the tip. I looked it up on Netflix, and CG is listed as the 11th actor in the series. Is he prominent throughout the series? Just some episodes? Does he have his shirt off a lot? One thing I like about Covert Affairs is that he seemed to need to take his shirt off a lot, for some reason. Such a gorgeous body. 

I honestly don't remember how big his role was, but the shirt didn't come off much, if at all.

My maternal grandfather maintained that he never dreamed.  When we would describe dreaming, he would just look at us in bewilderment.  

To this day I'm not sure if I envy his never having dreamed or feel sympathy for him never having known the experience.

7 minutes ago, sync said:

My maternal grandfather maintained that he never dreamed.  When we would describe dreaming, he would just look at us in bewilderment.  

To this day I'm not sure if I envy his never having dreamed or feel sympathy for him never having known the experience.

Don't worry about it.  He was probably a secret acid freak who had plenty of trippy experiences while wide awake.  😁😎😇😝

I’ve had vivid dreams as long as I can remember. Some nightmares I remember many years later. I’ve been having very erotic dreams this summer. Just a few hours ago I dreamt a scene where a blond grocery store employee here in my little town was standing barefoot and possibly naked on a counter and I was face level with his feet and ankles. I vividly remember his feet and toes and the light spray of blond hairs on his lower leg. I had spoken with him briefly yesterday afternoon. I also had a dream earlier in the summer about another guy who used to work there and in the dream he had just topped me. I must have a grocery store employee fixation!

Years ago I read Landscapes of the Night, given my prodigious dream output. I recommend it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3532022-landscapes-of-the-night

On 10/16/2021 at 3:58 PM, Lucky said:

I am so lucky to have the most fabulous dreams ever. They are like huge Broadway shows with lots of color and interesting characters. If I could create in real life the sets I create for my dreams, I'd be famous! The think I like most about the dreams is that they are usually warm-hearted.

What's stopping you? Enlighten us, as soon as you wake up write about them.