PROVIDERS: Your Thoughts on Hemorrhoids and Skin Tags

lonely_john
This topic is 869 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

After 7-10 days of agony (even with pain meds) the pain starts to subside gradually. Six weeks later it is just mere discomfort.  There are other aspects beyond just pain (not appropriate  to detail here) but suffice it to say it is a lot to deal with. 

I try to find humor in even the toughest things, and there was one thing that made me laugh: on my way out the door, the nurse warned me not to have sex in the first 72 hours.   If you had any idea of just how debilitated (and gross) one is even a week later, this warning would seem nothing short of ridiculous.  I don't think I even got an erection until about 3 weeks in.....

15 minutes ago, tenderloin said:

I don't think I even got an erection until about 3 weeks in.....

I imagine even masturbating must have been very painful since muscles around the area contract in the presence of an erection, either spontaneous or induced. Were you able to get some pleasure relief from doing other stuff like oral, or even that was painful?

Honestly, I didn't feel even remotely sexual for weeks.  It's only after 4-5 weeks that the old levels of horniness started to reassert themselves.  It's tough to think sexually when almost everything you do -- sitting down, standing up, walking, laughing, jerking off -- is painful.  And in these days of the opioid epidemic, it's awful tough to get pain meds from your doc, so there is a great deal of gritting teeth involved. 

7 hours ago, lonely_john said:

Does the pain go away eventually? If so, how long does it usually take to go away? I would assume that strong pain management medications are used during recovery? Hopefully the pain doesn't stay with the patient forever ...

In his case, It resolved in a week or two if I remember right.  Certainly not much more than a Month.

Edited by Rod Hagen

6 hours ago, tenderloin said:

Honestly, I didn't feel even remotely sexual for weeks.  It's only after 4-5 weeks that the old levels of horniness started to reassert themselves.  It's tough to think sexually when almost everything you do -- sitting down, standing up, walking, laughing, jerking off -- is painful.  And in these days of the opioid epidemic, it's awful tough to get pain meds from your doc, so there is a great deal of gritting teeth involved. 

Do you think the current looks of the surgery area are worth the 5 weeks of pain?

When you see it now does it look better and it gives your more self confidence?

27 minutes ago, lonely_john said:

Do you think the current looks of the surgery area are worth the 5 weeks of pain?

When you see it now does it look better and it gives your more self confidence?

Good question. Once I am fully back in the saddle I will know. Though for the amount of pain involved, my tuchus better look like Brad Pitt. 

So… Hemorrhoids and skin tags occur with relative frequency and they’re neither contagious nor infectious for the most part if they are truly hemorrhoids and skin tags. I do feel that Service Providers have both an obligation and opportunities to learn about what is infectious and what is not, what is a sexually transmitted infection and what is not. I understand where a service provider might be off put/confused/concerneded when they come in to a meeting completely unaware and have to make an instant assessment to something that may or may not have an impact on their health or ability to work if they are exposed to something unexpectedly. Having to take off of work for two weeks or more when your only income or necessary income is being a Service Provider a dilemma~ A Client who is married or partnered may have their own concerns~ Compassionate communication is the key~

I have had a number of Clients with these conditions as well as other things like: eczema, psoriasis, arthritis, pigmentation issues, scars from radiation treatments when they had cancer, C-pap machines, you name it… Sometimes they may have had their prostate biopsied or they may be recovering from a stroke, heart attack or any number of things~ 

While these are things to be aware of, they are not detrimental or necessarily a deal breaker to fun play and really happy session together.

I realize that this is not a perfect world, (and to its benefit not a perfect world for other reasons), but, it also may be beneficial for people who are playing frequently to go and get tested for STI’s quarterly, (or more depending on their play styles)~ That way… you can communicate with a person that you are going to play with that your STI‘s have come back clean, but, that you have this other thing going on that isn’t infectious or contagious.
 That type of communication may better establish the necessary trust to work through a situation together in a way that enables you to have a wonderful time together~ 

48 minutes ago, Tygerscent said:

So… Hemorrhoids and skin tags occur with relative frequency and they’re neither contagious nor infectious for the most part if they are truly hemorrhoids and skin tags. I do feel that Service Providers have both an obligation and opportunities to learn about what is infectious and what is not, what is a sexually transmitted infection and what is not. I understand where a service provider might be off put/confused/concerneded when they come in to a meeting completely unaware and have to make an instant assessment to something that may or may not have an impact on their health or ability to work if they are exposed to something unexpectedly. Having to take off of work for two weeks or more when your only income or necessary income is being a Service Provider a dilemma~ A Client who is married or partnered may have their own concerns~ Compassionate communication is the key~

I have had a number of Clients with these conditions as well as other things like: eczema, psoriasis, arthritis, pigmentation issues, scars from radiation treatments when they had cancer, C-pap machines, you name it… Sometimes they may have had their prostate biopsied or they may be recovering from a stroke, heart attack or any number of things~ 

While these are things to be aware of, they are not detrimental or necessarily a deal breaker to fun play and really happy session together.

I realize that this is not a perfect world, (and to its benefit not a perfect world for other reasons), but, it also may be beneficial for people who are playing frequently to go and get tested for STI’s quarterly, (or more depending on their play styles)~ That way… you can communicate with a person that you are going to play with that your STI‘s have come back clean, but, that you have this other thing going on that isn’t infectious or contagious.
 That type of communication may better establish the necessary trust to work through a situation together in a way that enables you to have a wonderful time together~ 

Beautifully, compassionately, and professionally stated. Bravo!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a single hemorrhoid.  Some people are put off by it, others don't care.  I have had enough surgeries and procedures to last a lifetime, so the 'roid is there to stay.  They and I will have to live with it.  I might see what chestnut extract does for the 'roid, but that's the extent of the intervenions Im open to.