Playboy Desperation

xyz48B
This topic is 925 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

F062E6C7-97C1-42F2-B6DB-EC45AD8260B7.thumb.png.e7ebe3ec97e2bc46bcdc77d26d4a98b9.png

I didn’t realize Playboy magazine was still a thing. I wonder if they’re doing full nudity for him. 😈 They lost a lot of subscribers when they went to no full nudity.

Also. Good job at being inclusive or whatever. But their “readers” are, by many miles, straight men and maybe lesbians. Neither one of those groups want to see a dude, naked or not. It shows how desperate they are to be relevant. 

55 minutes ago, xyz48B said:

F062E6C7-97C1-42F2-B6DB-EC45AD8260B7.thumb.png.e7ebe3ec97e2bc46bcdc77d26d4a98b9.png

I didn’t realize Playboy magazine was still a thing. I wonder if they’re doing full nudity for him. 😈 They lost a lot of subscribers when they went to no full nudity.

Also. Good job at being inclusive or whatever. But their “readers” are, by many miles, straight men and maybe lesbians. Neither one of those groups want to see a dude, naked or not. It shows how desperate they are to be relevant. 

I thought most of their readers were long since dead but good on them. 

Edited by caliguy

55 minutes ago, xyz48B said:

I don't know what shocked me more, that Playboy had a man on the cover or that Playboy was still in publication.

Playboy has announced the end of its print magazine after 66 years in the business. Ben Kohn, CEO of Playboy Enterprises, penned an open letter revealing that its Spring 2020 issue will be the last.

In the letter, Kohn explained that the current halt in production (due to the coronavirus pandemic) prompted the final decision. "We were forced to accelerate a conversation we’ve been having internally: the question of how to transform our US print product to better suit what consumers want today, and how to utilize our industry-leading content production capabilities to engage in a cultural conversation each and every day."

He continued: "With all of this in mind, we have decided that our Spring 2020 Issue, which arrives on US newsstands and as a digital download this week, will be our final printed publication for the year."

The publication will now digitalize all its content, including interviews and Playmate editorials. In 2021, however, Kohn plans to bring back a few printed offerings such as special editions and partnerships. "Print is how we began and print will always be a part of who we are."

Source:  10 Iconic Playboy Magazine Covers to Mark the End of an Era (highsnobiety.com)

2 hours ago, xyz48B said:

Maybe a few closeted lesbians read it in the pre-Internet era when it was the only thing available at the local newsstand. I doubt many of them have read it in the past 20 years. 

As @caliguy said, their audience died out a while ago. 

I took the plunge and looked at the photo collection on the Paperboy site. Looks like a man dressed up to basically look like a woman…Which I know is great for some guys, but I find it gimmicky in Playboy.

Add to that the site is effectively a merchandising platform more than anything else.

Channel 9 Reaction GIF by Celebrity Apprentice Australia

Edited by xyz48B