Amusing Iranian knock-offs

This topic is 940 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There aren't any US companies in Iran, of course, but many Iranians still seem to enjoy part of US culture. I found out today about a number of knock-offs they have, and found them somewhat amusing:

Death to America vs. Love Mash Donald's | IRAN 24/07

Stephen Wong on Twitter: ""Besides Mash Donald's, Tehran has a K.F.C.  (Kabooki Fried Chicken) a Pizza Hut (Pizza Hat) and a Burger King (Burger  House).""

Mash Donalds? Iranians Copy American Fast-Food Brands : The Salt : NPR

1 minute ago, Lucky said:

Um, @Unicorn What brings this to your attention? I hope you are not still traveling...unless you are in Iran.😄

I'd never go to Iran under current circumstances, of course. The next trip for "Chris" and I is Chicago for Halloween, when I'll be going to a medical conference. A couple weeks later, we'll be going to Puerto Vallarta. And we have a cruise booked for August, from Iceland to Greenland to Newfoundland to Boston (ending just before Labor Day in Provincetown). Newfoundland is the only Canadian province I haven't visited yet, so it'll be one of my bucket list destinations. Also Iceland is one of the few European countries I haven't visited yet (nor have I been to Greenland of course, though I've flown over it many times).