How?

Jarrod_Uncut
This topic is 939 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

...when I write a 1 word thread post, it's usually a lot more to it lol.

But my thing is, how do people expect to get appointments with a provider without doing much in the way of ad reading/coordinated reaching out?

Not trying to be a bitch but, I had to explain this to someone earlier today.  I'm telling this person, "you're visiting, I'm visiting. We're both visiting this area". I always tell people, if you have a very limited time window, these things have to be planned in advance. I waited around all day Saturday and all day Sunday, and even all morning Monday...no bookings, so I decided to go home. Then, this person texts me after I decided I was going to commute the opposite direction of where he was.

I could have accommodated, but this person was trying to get me to be ready 15-30 minutes earlier than I needed, because he had plans. Well, I have plans just like they have plans. And he should have made them sooner. Half the time I don't understand what they're thinking when they make these requests. I spell it out pretty plain in my ad that I need advanced notice. Granted, he mentioned the site doesn't give much "user friendly" usage, but he also claims he's hired for many years. 

I reached out to RentMasseur and asked them to consider updating their site. Seems 99% of people are breezing thru my ad and going straight to the phone number, instead of wanting to know how to arrange with someone individually. 

Question for lookers: would YOU be available NOW to host or come to me, if I just randomly messaged you out the blue with 0 planning? I know the answer is going be no...but that's the point. Some of these people don't understand, if you can't do it, don't expect me to. It doesn't make any difference who has a paying ad or not. Basic consideration is required on both sides. All the "come over right now" stuff is very 90s and early 2000s. People come on these sites with the mentality of cruising for gay sex at a park. 

ESPECIALLY in the age of COVID. Most every business out here is appointment only. Even Walmart tire and lube is by appointment only now lol. How these guys not know this? Or just playing dumb and getting on my nerves 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut

I'm sure it can be frustrating that people expect you to be available immediately when there is no indication that you work that way.

However, there is an "available now" status on both Rentmen and Rentmasseur.  I don't know what percentage of advertisers are actually available now ("now" meaning within perhaps the next half hour or hour by my standards) when they choose that status, but I know some guys are, indeed, available at short notice and others have never even responded to my inquiry.  I guess I look at it like this: I used to work temporary office jobs in the late 1980s.  Part of the gig was that I got ready for work and then called a few different agencies to see if they had any work for me that day.  Sometimes the answer was no but frequently the answer was yes, and I'd get the job information from them and head out immediately.  In other words, I was "available now" to go to work. 

As a client, I frequently am "available now" to head to someone's place when I contact him but I typically expect that guys aren't really available immediately.  It's certainly reasonable to me that someone who says he's available now to actually need an hour or two to get ready.  Or maybe even longer if he's already received other bookings for that day and just hasn't updated his ad status.  From what I've read here, though, lots of providers do not have a steady stream of clients all day every day so I assume that at least some guys are at home online, already showered and basically ready to work relatively soon because they are in business and want to make money. 

I don't get it either. I am a very clean, hygienic guy so right before any sexual encounter I like to be freshly showered, groomed, and teeth brushed. So even if the client was all ready to go I'd expect the provider to need a couple hours to be similarly ready. And in my case I'm a top so if anal is going to be involved notice is definitely needed to be all cleaned out.

17 hours ago, maninsoma said:

I'm sure it can be frustrating that people expect you to be available immediately when there is no indication that you work that way.

However, there is an "available now" status on both Rentmen and Rentmasseur.  I don't know what percentage of advertisers are actually available now ("now" meaning within perhaps the next half hour or hour by my standards) when they choose that status, but I know some guys are, indeed, available at short notice and others have never even responded to my inquiry.  I guess I look at it like this: I used to work temporary office jobs in the late 1980s.  Part of the gig was that I got ready for work and then called a few different agencies to see if they had any work for me that day.  Sometimes the answer was no but frequently the answer was yes, and I'd get the job information from them and head out immediately.  In other words, I was "available now" to go to work. 

As a client, I frequently am "available now" to head to someone's place when I contact him but I typically expect that guys aren't really available immediately.  It's certainly reasonable to me that someone who says he's available now to actually need an hour or two to get ready.  Or maybe even longer if he's already received other bookings for that day and just hasn't updated his ad status.  From what I've read here, though, lots of providers do not have a steady stream of clients all day every day so I assume that at least some guys are at home online, already showered and basically ready to work relatively soon because they are in business and want to make money. 

Makes sense. But part of the difference is like you said, YOU would head OUT immediately. Versus, they would want to come to you immediately. I even noticed my barber get frustrated once, because he generally takes his calls in the morning, yet someone he knows called in the mid afternoon….when he’s usually ready to go.

However, I want to keep other industries out of this. I hate it when people are like, “but McDonald’s takes people at the last minute, stop complaining” (I can hear it now) 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

My thing isn’t even so much last minute, it’s how some of these guys are very inflexible AND, AND……AND want it last minute. I could see if someone is like; “yeah I can either host at my place or go to you.  I don’t have anything else going on at the moment. Let me know what appointment time you can do, and I’ll figure out a way accommodate.”

But some guys expect me to move mountains, when they not even hopping over puddles. And I hate when someone is like, “I don’t feel comfortable sending Deposit to someone I don’t know”. But yet they want me to feel 100% comfortable with someone who I don’t even know what they look like, and, AND…. AND spend my own money to accommodate a location for them. And sure, they probably expect a person to already have an incall location set up, but when I’m visiting someplace: if I don’t get any booking requests, I will more often than not find alternative staying arrangements. Nothing worse than paying $100-150 nightly for a hotel (which may or may not include deposit) with no bookings on the roster. And then someone wants to contact at 2:45, to come to me…when checkout was noon. Brilliant. 

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut