Rugby World Cup in France 2023

FrankR
This topic is 895 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Team USA surprised me by dishing out a solid beating to Canada this weekend.  Historically Canada has produced very respectable teams so I expected them to be in the driving seat.  Team USA is well on their way to qualifying for the world cup! You gotta love an underdog.

https://www.rugbyworld.com/tournaments/rugby-world-cup/usa-beat-canada-to-move-step-closer-to-rugby-world-cup-2023-130629

I may have a small man crush developing on Ruben De Haas - the kid has real ball sense!

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, HotWhiteThirties said:

I need to spend some time and understand rugby. My brother and I tried watching a game recently and were a bit lost, but started to pick up on some of it. Such a physical game! 

It is really physical! If you get a chance to watch a game in person - definitely do it. It brings the game to life and you understand how fit those players have to be to keep up with the pace of the game.  It took a while for me to grasp the rules as well - biggest thing is that in Rugby you kick the ball forward and can only pass it backwards when you have it in hand.  Unlike football you cannot toss the ball forward.  🙂

1 hour ago, KeepItReal said:

It is really physical! If you get a chance to watch a game in person - definitely do it. It brings the game to life and you understand how fit those players have to be to keep up with the pace of the game.  It took a while for me to grasp the rules as well - biggest thing is that in Rugby you kick the ball forward and can only pass it backwards when you have it in hand.  Unlike football you cannot toss the ball forward.  🙂

Definitely would welcome watching it in person. The fitness required to play it is very obvious even from watching on TV, I can't imagine in person. My brother ans I are very familiar with American football, and did quickly pick up on the differences in passing when compared. Also, the opportunity for injury seems greater with less protective gear being worn! 😳😳😳 (Not a complaint from this particular spectator...since it's a bit more "revealing!" 😜)

Edited by HotWhiteThirties