Bathroom Setup - Douche and Shower Drain?

EastCoastBtm
This topic is 935 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

If you are renting this new place do tests first - use a strong smelling liquid like ammonia or vinegar. If rinsing that down the drain ends with no lingering smell, it’s probably clear. 

I like using one of the Home Depot 5gal buckets 1/2 filled with water, in the shower for the first two passes, where solids may be present, and dump that into the toilet. Rinse the bucket.

No more solid material? Good to go down a drain you know is clear for liquid.

You should have a removable cover and hair catcher, both easy to find at any hardware store. If cover or strainer is fixed in place (only removable by a plumber) stick with the bucket…

Here is some of my research (with embedded links in the 'Option'):

Douche-

Option 1 - Handheld, battery powered, no shower connection

Option 2 - The classic silicone manual 'bulb'

Option 3 - Shower hose with multiple attachments - Holy hell, does this wash dishes, bleach my whites, and get me pregnant?

Option 4 - Simple shower attachment - I do have a hose

I'm leaning towards Option 3 for optionality!

The Drain- I'm just not having any luck with searches on Amazon.  I just want something I can pop on and off when I need to.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 5:36 PM, EastCoastBtm said:

Here is some of my research (with embedded links in the 'Option'):

Douche-

Option 1 - Handheld, battery powered, no shower connection

Option 2 - The classic silicone manual 'bulb'

Option 3 - Shower hose with multiple attachments - Holy hell, does this wash dishes, bleach my whites, and get me pregnant?

Option 4 - Simple shower attachment - I do have a hose

I'm leaning towards Option 3 for optionality!

The Drain- I'm just not having any luck with searches on Amazon.  I just want something I can pop on and off when I need to.

Why can't you fill up with water and sit on the toilet to evacuate? Not sure about anyone else, but I don't want to shower where I just took a shit, which is exactly what you will be doing. 

15 hours ago, rvwnsd said:

Why can't you fill up with water and sit on the toilet to evacuate? Not sure about anyone else, but I don't want to shower where I just took a shit, which is exactly what you will be doing. 

I most certainly don't want to shower where I have just defecated, but that isn't what it has to be. I have a shower attachment (silicon that clips onto it, not one that is bolted onto the shower outlet) and I charge up in the shower and 'dump' the contents into the toilet at first and only 'vent' in the shower when I'm confident there will be no solid matter. Seems to work most of the time.