Is there a way to…

Coolwave35
This topic is 926 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Unfortunately not.  This would be super difficult to implement because it would also have to address things like others quoting you, and logging etc.  I'll add it to my wishlist tracker, but not likely to occur anytime soon.  I've got some bigger fish to fry first. :D  

On 9/10/2021 at 5:52 PM, RJD said:

That was helpful on the old platform.  You could actually reference the post #, especially on longer, multi-page threads.  

Showing the post ID was removed by IPB many years ago.  However if you want to refer to a specific post itself the date/time of a post is a direct link to that content.  

For example, the direct link to your post is:

https://www.companyofmen.org/topic/129154-is-there-a-way-to%E2%80%A6/?do=findComment&comment=1888893

Rather than say tell someone "find Comment 1888893 earlier in this thread", you can provide them a link to the content you're talking about.

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 1.52.57 AM.png

So in the above case, you would hover over the "Posted Friday at 05:52 PM" and right click, then copy link.  That would copy the above URL to your clipboard and you can paste it anywhere you want.  :) 

8 hours ago, RadioRob said:

Showing the post ID was removed by IPB many years ago.  However if you want to refer to a specific post itself the date/time of a post is a direct link to that content.  

For example, the direct link to your post is:

https://www.companyofmen.org/topic/129154-is-there-a-way-to%E2%80%A6/?do=findComment&comment=1888893

Rather than say tell someone "find Comment 1888893 earlier in this thread", you can provide them a link to the content you're talking about.

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 1.52.57 AM.png

So in the above case, you would hover over the "Posted Friday at 05:52 PM" and right click, then copy link.  That would copy the above URL to your clipboard and you can paste it anywhere you want.  :) 

Pin on TV-Shows