New Pop Up message when attempting to post a pic:

Danny-Darko
This topic is 964 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Recently every time I try to post something no matter the size I get this pop up message in the screen and it won't allow me to post anything! I thought maybe it was about the size of the photo but is does this regardless of size even small ones. It's also not a browser thing because I've tried different ones. I've asked another member who posts far more than I do and he hasn't encountered this problem.

Can somebody please advise me on this tech issue? My tech skills are basic so please bear that in mind when explaining things. I tried to attached a screen shot of the pop up I'm getting but the same pop up came and didn't allow me to attach it! It says: "1 file would exceed the total allowed size of 47.506kB, and was skipped"

Thank you for your help.

This is because the "Members" group had a storage quota of 500MB.  This was designed to prevent someone from completely filling up our server's storage space.  For now, I've increased the quota to 2000MB for all member groups.  

You can manage your attachments via your settings area.  (Clicking on your username in the upper right side of the screen and then picking Attachments.)  A direct link to manage attachments is:

https://www.companyofmen.org/attachments/

You can sort the attachments by size...  you'll notice a few of them are pretty big at 10-15MB each.  

Later as people begin using the space, I can look at increasing the storage quotas further...  many members are not using their space, so I'll most likely over-provision the quotas a bit.  Afterwards, I can increase our overall storage allocation.  The cost is pretty cheap at $60 per year ($5 per month) for another 1TB of space.  Just to put that conversion into perspective... 1TB = 1000000MB.  I just want to defer the extra cost until we actually need it.  

Also...  for site related questions, it's most likely better to post it in Features and Feedback.  I actually watch that forum.  I don't poke down the forum list as much as I should, so if there is something that needs my attention, you can also just PM me as well.

I'm not intentionally trying to ignore anyone...  there is just a LOT to keep up with here in addition to all of the behind the scenes stuff I'm working on with the Review site and the new Gallery.

47 minutes ago, RadioRob said:

This is because the "Members" group had a storage quota of 500MB.  This was designed to prevent someone from completely filling up our server's storage space.  For now, I've increased the quota to 2000MB for all member groups.  

You can manage your attachments via your settings area.  (Clicking on your username in the upper right side of the screen and then picking Attachments.)  A direct link to manage attachments is:

https://www.companyofmen.org/attachments/

You can sort the attachments by size...  you'll notice a few of them are pretty big at 10-15MB each.  

Later as people begin using the space, I can look at increasing the storage quotas further...  many members are not using their space, so I'll most likely over-provision the quotas a bit.  Afterwards, I can increase our overall storage allocation.  The cost is pretty cheap at $60 per year ($5 per month) for another 1TB of space.  Just to put that conversion into perspective... 1TB = 1000000MB.  I just want to defer the extra cost until we actually need it.  

Thank you. I will ease up on the posting from now on and only post some select pics most likely in the Vintage Men folder and Old Hollywood and maybe the Fetish section as well. 

No worries. We’re fine on storage. It was a preventative measure to make sure no one went hog wild. We have plenty of space and adding more is cheap. 

If you want to clear up some space, just cheat a few of the biggest files. Again, I can add another 100000MB for 5 a month so it’s not a big deal. The majority of our 10K-ish members don’t use most of their space so there is no concern. 

Post as normal and if there is a problem let me know. I’ll rebalance stuff as needed.  That’s part of my job to keep the lights on. :)