Tired Of Whiners

DR FREUD
This topic is 941 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Every morning when I get up around 4 am I take my coffee out on the lanai and spend and hour or so reading my news feeds on my phone.  For some reason I get a lot of stories from Australia even though I am in Florida.  I'm a bit tired of all the countries that whine about lockdowns and increased death counts from Covid and then the kicker, as they have less than 1000 deaths total for the country since the beginning of the virus.  It's probably more jealousy than anything but with such a poor job done in the US with the virus and death totals around 635,000 here I get tired of the alarms raised when a country gets 20 new Covid cases.  I understand they have obviously done something very right about battling the virus that the US just couldn't handle due mostly to the selfishness of the US citizens to do what is best for the country and their family and neighbors.  I live in a very small county by Florida standards and we had over 1000 new cases last week and Florida had over 1700 deaths last week alone, thanks mostly to Gov DeathSentance.  I have stayed home, cancelled a vacation that was to start next week and mostly lead a secluded life for 18 months even as Florida has been wide open for business since late last year.  No one is forcing this lifestyle on me and it's all my own doing to safeguard my health and that of others.  I got my second shot in early February and plan on getting the booster when it becomes available.  So to those countries that have done STELLER work keeping the virus at bay, you really don't realize how lucky you are and everything you have suffered is worth it and far better than the alternative.  Please, get the shot and wear a mask to protect yourself AND others until we get a better handle on this menace.  

OK, I'll bite! With everything in the news and in private conversations now on the internet, everyone can read everyone else's mail. So if we complain about our lock downs or whatever else from our gilded cage, you get to read about it and understandably ask WTF. Victorians are in their sixth period of lock down and those of them in Melbourne have had 200 days of staying at home or within 5km, Sydneysiders are in about week nine of their first real lock down. Some are complaining but most are not, but all of us only have our own experience as a reference point. Sights on the television are abstract, even now, but we recognise that we are really lucky by comparison. That doesn't stop us from griping about whatever restrictions we face. I'm really sorry that you don't like to read about it, but we'll keep talking about it amongst ourselves. (I'm in Canberra, two weeks into a lock down, the first we've had, and still count myself lucky that I'm not in the same boat as my sister in Melbourne. I've been to the grocery shop twice and that's it, I've been at home for the rest of the time.)

Of course it cuts both ways. Those of us paying any attention have been watching in hushed amazement at the whining of certain Americans about why they should face any restrictions or *shock horror* wear a mask when their compatriots are dropping like flies around them. A weekly program here on US politics is called 'Planet America', the validity of the title as a comment the whiners serve only to confirm.

Edited by mike carey

Unfortunately for America, we have an abundance of large cities with large-capacity entertainment venues that are a draw for surrounding communities, as well as the urban dwellers.  That, coupled with the irresponsible behavior of so many of our inhabitants, works gravely against us.

Along with that are the irresponsible politicians and their followers who discourage caution and host spreader events time after time along with such organizations as the recent South Dakota Motorcycle Rally.

I am continually surprised and angered by the alarming stupidity of so many of my fellow Americans who opt to seek and adopt their life-or-death medical care practices from politicians, TV personalities, or social media trolls.  Now they are purchasing and consuming veterinary preparations.  🙄

There has been recent news that yet another variant has emerged in South Africa, and speculation that the effectiveness of current vaccinations may be waning.

My paranoia has succumbed to wondering if we are on the threshold of a disastrous human apocalypse.  😨

4 minutes ago, sync said:

Unfortunately for America, we have an abundance of large cities with large-capacity entertainment venues that are a draw for surrounding communities, as well as the urban dwellers.  That, coupled with the irresponsible behavior of so many of our inhabitants, works gravely against us.

Along with that are the irresponsible politicians and their followers who discourage caution and host spreader events time after time along with such organizations as the recent South Dakota Motorcycle Rally.

I am continually surprised and angered by the alarming stupidity of so many of my fellow Americans who opt to seek and adopt their life-or-death medical care practices from politicians, TV personalities, or social media trolls.  Now they are purchasing and consuming veterinary preparations.  🙄

There has been recent news that yet another variant has emerged in South Africa, and speculation that the effectiveness of current vaccinations may be waning.

My paranoia has succumbed to wondering if we are on the threshold of a disastrous human apocalypse.  😨

I would simply rebrand the Pfizer anti Covid-19 vaccine as the Ebola, Africanized Bee stink or Haitian AIDS vaccine and most of them will run to get vaccinated...