Easy Ignore

JEC
This topic is 941 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

5 hours ago, JEC said:

I'd like it to be easier to ignore members, like "right click, ignore".    Don't ask me to name names.  Thanks 😎

Currently, it is easier than that. You hover your cursor on the member's name and click the "Ignore" button that displays after a half-second or so.

image.thumb.png.eb706a8d3b988ba2fbf924002b2c1748.png

Note that this is for illustrative purposes only. I have not started ignoring you.

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

I typically don't ignore posters, but one guy today got me with his silly posts, and it was so easy to put him on ignore.

I ignore posters who engage in cyber-bullying or repeatedly display a high degree of cunty-ness.   It's not a long list (so far).

I haven't ignored any users, but there have been people I'd like to "reverse ignore": that is make my messages invisible to them. If I want to ignore someone's posts I just don't read them. Simple enough. But there have been users who keep coming up with silly comments to my posts, and I wouldn't mind making my posts invisible to them. Maybe just one or two users. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, EastbayMike said:

What if one only accesses this site with an android phone or a tablet? Is it possible to use the ignore function?

Sure. Click on the hamburger menu (three lines in the upper right hand side of page), click Account, and then Ignored Users. 

On 8/27/2021 at 6:46 AM, Lucky said:

I typically don't ignore posters, but one guy today got me with his silly posts, and it was so easy to put him on ignore.

Funny thing is the date I put him on ignore is the last date he posted! So my slate was clear until I got fed up with someone else. So still only one ignore.