Atlanta 411

andymn
This topic is 860 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

At Swinging Richards when I stopped by on Saturday, cover was $25 and a rail vodka soda was $13.50.  

I was somewhat surprised at the quality of dancers as they were not the stunning class I was used to seeing there. Lots of muscle, but they were not of the caliber I had come to expect from the chain.  I tipped several dancers but did not do dances with any. 

A few dancers at SR approached me, but literally no attempt at conversation. It was literally “hey let’s do a lap dance”.  

BJ Roosters actually had the biggest variety of dancers all weekend that I’ve actually ever seen in the club in my almost 8 years of off and on visits.  Yes, a large number of more twink types, but I was surprised at bigger variety of muscled and black/Latino dancers that were also working.  It felt like there was something for everyone. 

On Friday, the bartender comped several drinks for me… I had 5 vodka soda and 2 shots and the total was less than $16.  I had 4 total drinks (again vodka soda) on Saturday before heading to SR and the total was $28. 

In terms of BJs… it was just like it was prior to COVID. Private dances were in the curtained room. $20 per song and between you and the dancer. No house interaction.  The level of interaction depends on the dancer and how you click. A few were very memorable. 

Tonight is the last night before I fly back to DC tomorrow morning.  Overall a fun trip and good to get away. Atlanta is always a fun excursion and one of the locations I enjoy sneaking away to for a little R&R. 

Was in Atlanta for a night and started off the evening at BJ Roosters. A little quieter than normal, but still a very fun and relaxed vibe. One dancer of interest quoted me $40/dance for the VIP room.  After rejecting that inflated cost, he quickly settled on $20/song. We had a couple of fun and very interactive multi-song sessions in a back room. 

Then, on to Swinging Richards. Again, the main room was a little quieter than the last time I was there. But the VIP room was very busy, and that’s where I spent almost all my time. Had some great lap dances on the couches in the VIP room. Stayed until closing time at 3 am. 

A solid B+ evening in Atlanta. I like the combo of the two places and look forward to my next visit to Atlanta. 

Edited by andymn

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 6:37 PM, andymn said:

Was in Atlanta for a night and started off the evening at BJ Roosters. A little quieter than normal, but still a very fun and relaxed vibe. One dancer of interest quoted me $40/dance for the VIP room.  After rejecting that inflated cost, he quickly settled on $20/song. We had a couple of fun and very interactive multi-song sessions in a back room. 

Then, on to Swinging Richards. Again, the main room was a little quieter than the last time I was there. But the VIP room was very busy, and that’s where I spent almost all my time. Had some great lap dances on the couches in the VIP room. Stayed until closing time at 3 am. 

A solid B+ evening in Atlanta. I like the combo of the two places and look forward to my next visit to Atlanta. 

Are you able to share more about the mix of dancers at each? College guys? Older? Mix of races and builds?

SR tends to be a bit older than college. Say 30s. SR tends to have more muscular guys with a split primarily between white and Latin dancers. It feels like there is a token African American dancer or two per night on the nights I was there. 

BJs tends to be slightly more younger/college guys. Twink to boy next door type primarily (though as I noted in my last report the full weekend had much more diversity than I’m used to expecting to see there). Race wise lots of white/latino with a decent mix of Asian and African American. 

I say this based on my own experiences. Like nothing it’s subject to change per night and not guaranteed by any means. 

• 2 months later...

A few things to mention

The owner of swinging richards owns not only the club  but the building, the parking lot and building next door.  He also has significant legal fees and judgments over lawsuits from dancers related to wages (I.e. they basically had to pay the club to work there through “Tip outs” and were not paid minimum wage. If I’m not mistaken the judgment was for over a million dollars. 

then there is the reality that the property alone is worth millions of dollars (five to ten million) and is in a prime location. When Richards was open 5 nights a week and having good crowds it was bringing in a lot of revenue.  Now it is only open on Thursday nights and does well on Friday nights and is packed on Saturday nights after 11Pm.  The dancers don’t show up until 10pm or later (some wait to midnight). Which is why crowds wait so late to go in.  A third of the dancers never go on stage and wait for the occasional crazy spender in the back.  Many of the dancers bitch about money. They actually don’t do many vip rooms anymore either because the club doubled the “room” fee.  So, a vip room that used to cost $140 for 15 minutes has been $185 for the last two years.  30 minutes went from $265 to $320.  Cocktail drinks are $12.  Cover charge for the club is $20-$25 after 10pm depending on the night and that doesn’t include the cover for the VIP room

this is a classic case of entitled straight guys and a straight owner being so greedy they killed the goose 

3 hours ago, Atlanta_Guy said:

A few things to mention

The owner of swinging richards owns not only the club  but the building, the parking lot and building next door.  He also has significant legal fees and judgments over lawsuits from dancers related to wages (I.e. they basically had to pay the club to work there through “Tip outs” and were not paid minimum wage. If I’m not mistaken the judgment was for over a million dollars. 

then there is the reality that the property alone is worth millions of dollars (five to ten million) and is in a prime location. When Richards was open 5 nights a week and having good crowds it was bringing in a lot of revenue.  Now it is only open on Thursday nights and does well on Friday nights and is packed on Saturday nights after 11Pm.  The dancers don’t show up until 10pm or later (some wait to midnight). Which is why crowds wait so late to go in.  A third of the dancers never go on stage and wait for the occasional crazy spender in the back.  Many of the dancers bitch about money. They actually don’t do many vip rooms anymore either because the club doubled the “room” fee.  So, a vip room that used to cost $140 for 15 minutes has been $185 for the last two years.  30 minutes went from $265 to $320.  Cocktail drinks are $12.  Cover charge for the club is $20-$25 after 10pm depending on the night and that doesn’t include the cover for the VIP room

this is a classic case of entitled straight guys and a straight owner being so greedy they killed the goose 

Actually wasn't any judgement but an IRS audit that showed the club didn't pay over any withheld taxes or pay any employment taxes for years and did not pay any salary under state law. I was surprised they didn't seize the club and property. But it's been several years and Uncle Sam doesn't wait forever. I hope Matt's covered for that issue in FTL as employment taxes are tough and strippers can be complainers.  

https://images.law.com/contrib/content/uploads/documents/404/13912/Casey-v.-Swinging-Richards-complaint-NDGa.pdf

Edited by tassojunior

Thank you for the post above related to the legal issues   Bottom line is all of it is related to classifying dancers as independent contractors and not employees.  What I find hysterical and I know from speaking with people connected to the cases are two things:

1. Some of the lead plaintiffs in the 3 suits had 1099s in the years they worked at richards in excess of $50,000 dollars…. PER YEAR.   (U know the drunk customers that get VIP rooms but don’t have cash have to use credit cards).  Those facts were deemed inadmissible.

2. The lawsuit alleges that on most shifts the “employee” made less than $100.   If you believe that, you believe Donald Trump always tells the truth 

again… guys that will never make as much money as they did at SR wanted more money.  They killed the golden goose 

Edited by Atlanta_Guy

Yep.  Packed like it was 2010 again.  Maybe 20 dancers.   Took 20 min to get a drink because there were only 2 bartenders and the POS system is from the 1990’s so it takes forever to process a credit card transaction. 

Ken and Cali make it a fun time,  for me anyway.  Those two dancers are the kind of hot guys that were common when Matt Colunga ran the place 

Edited by Atlanta_Guy

7 hours ago, Boy4 said:

Appears they are closing MLK weekend. Which as far as I know is a pretty big weekend for promoters, parties and visitors. 

Unless something changes they will be open that weekend.  Last night will be Saturday Jan. 15th…. Their closing time is 3am so last day will actually close for good on 1/16

Edited by Atlanta_Guy