Any of you subscribe to Dekkoo?

This topic is 974 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I wanted to watch 

The Blonde One

on Amazon Prime, but apparently I have to also subscribe to Dekkoo, which is another $10/month, and has primarily LGBT content. Have any of you tried this? Is it worth the $$?

On 8/12/2021 at 11:53 PM, Unicorn said:

I wanted to watch 

The Blonde One

on Amazon Prime, but apparently I have to also subscribe to Dekkoo, which is another $10/month, and has primarily LGBT content. Have any of you tried this? Is it worth the $$?

I would never subscribe to Dekkoo simply because I can't imagine there are enough good gay-themed films out there to make it worth the $10/month.  Maybe I've just been a bit unlucky, but I've seen way too many gay-themed films that were total shit.  Also, I've found that if you're a bit patient, the gay-themed films you're interested in turn up somewhere. I had been wanting to watch "Azul y no tan rosa" ever since I saw the trailer in 2014.  Lo & behold, I finally caught it when it popped up on Spanish Public Television recently.  You probably won't have to wait quite so long for most gay-themed films to turn up on Netflix.  If you simply must see a particular gay-themed film, there's usually an option to rent it for a night (usually ~4 bucks). You could rent up to 29 films in a year and still spend less than a year of Dekkoo.

"The Blonde One" turned up on YouTube with subtitles in English, and the video quality is pretty good, just some brief freezes here & there.  The good:  I loved the two actors in the lead roles.  The brunette is smokin' hot with helluva body, which lucky for us he's not the least bit shy about showing off.  The actor playing the blond is an amazing actor who totally carries the film.  Now the bad:  not much plot, action, or even dialogue.  Most of the film is long shots of the blond's face as he experiences hurt, jealousy, love, lust, joy, and sadness.  Without such a strong actor to pull it off, the film would have been a total fail.  Just as I was starting to lose patience with the film, the ending wraps things up brilliantly (I shan't spoil it for anyone).  A bonus: the little girl who plays the blond's daughter is terrific.  So many child actors are just cringe, but this one is a gem.  I'm glad I saw "The Blonde One" and plan on rewatching all the sex & nudity scenes very soon, LOL.

I'm about to drop Dekkoo from my Amazon channels.  With rare exceptions, the films are horrible.  The actors are one dimensional oxygen bandits with the talent of corrugated cardboard.  Dekkoo makes HereTV look good, which isn't easy.  I dropped HereTV to subscribe to Dekkoo.