Frustration at All Worlds Maze 08/2021

Palm Springs Local

A friend flew in from the east coast this past weekend and a highlight of the trip was to have been a trip to the Maze at All Worlds.  I had visited twice prior to the pandemic and I knew what to expect. Imagine our disappointment when we discovered that the maze was closed.  An exposed, dusty outdoor area consisting of concrete walls and wooden benches separated into some dead ends was all that was on offer.  While my friend briefly retreated to use the men's room, I immediately put on enough clothes to return to the front desk to complain.  No warning had been given to perspective visitors on arrival. There were no signs.  No notice of the closure had been provided on the website.  (The fact that the closure was taking place to upgrade the cooling system begged the question why no improvements were undertaken during the pandemic closure.) But all of this is academic because the All Worlds Maze had and has a no-refund policy. I left my contact number with the front desk clerk after he offered to pass it along my disappointment to the proprietor. My message wasn't returned. When I did track him down a few days later, his response was argumentative, specious and unbecoming a hotelier endeavoring to be the owner of a destination hotel. The fact that 55 minutes had elapsed between our arrival and departure was an indication to him that we had enjoyed and made use of the facilities. No accounting was given for locating the locker area, showering off, touring the sad outdoor area, expressing our concerns to the front desk, changing back into our street clothes and departing. Less than an hour had elapsed.  The owner offered neither a refund or even a credit for another night. He wanted my name and telephone number and would see to it that I was banned for a 10 year period. This, after offering nothing but angry retorts! For registering my complaint!  Perhaps Bill Gates of all people summed up this business best: "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." And to that I would add, "this is a small town."

I'm sorry to hear that you did not get what you paid for and were treated rudely and shabbily. My one and only All Worlds experience was years and years ago and the staff was "fake friendly." What I mean is they said "hello" and "thank you" but took a rather bi!@&-y tone. 

For what it is worth, as of today (8/12) All Worlds' website states The Maze is closed this weekend and next and will re-open August 20. They should have told you that BEFORE you paid for your visit.

PS: Welcome to The Forum. We tend to be nicer than that here. 

And here I figured that you had trouble getting lost!

The last time I was at a place of nudity and didn't enjoy my experience being there just a couple of hours, I was refunded in full for my stay. It was a hot springs near Lake Tahoe. Sadly, that place isn't either re-open or won't ever open again. Classy owner, and I'd re-try it out someday.

All Worlds is a dump. When they took over the previous site that used to be Inn Exile, it went downhill fast. The rooms and property were neglected, and to your point - their hospitality was non-existent. Sorry to hear about your experience, but it is clear the owner interested in maintaining standards or building customer relations. I usually stay at The Hacienda or Santiago Resort. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/15/2023 at 4:22 PM, Palm Springs Local said:

Hi there.  I posted this on squirt.org and one other site, but not on the company of men.  Is it possible I was on a legacy site that sent my posting here?  In any event, I did monitor replies elsewhere.  All Worlds is doing some positive things to improve its performance and has cut its prices.

The old forums were under the message-forums.com domain, which were personally run by Daddy.  Unfortunately, with his sudden passing, control of the old domain couldn't be maintained.  @RadioRob and transition team helped set up the new domain as of March 2022 migrating the old system here, and thanks to their efforts this community was able to survive.  Hopefully you will be able to participate more frequently going forward.