Luxury Cruises Gay or very gay friendly

johnfran
This topic is 981 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Any information that anyone has to share would be appreciated. Not looking for the purely Atlantis sex scene but real luxury cruises of the Viking cruise line (and others) variety. Are some better for gay guests than others, that sort of thing..... Thanks for any thoughts.

1 hour ago, DR FREUD said:

When I was cruising with some frequency virtually all cruises had Friends of Dorothy meetings nightly before dinner in one of the bars.  You could meet guys and make some friends for activities during the cruise.  Nothing was organized but you had a way to meet other gay men.  

When I hear that term Friends of Dorothy, I picture guys over 80 gathering together. Last time I heard it was in Palm Springs in the 1990s. And the guys then were in their 60s and 70s. Lol

Edited by Luv2play

Viking, Seabourn and the other higher-end lines don't usually have specific gay cruises, but yes, I'd recommend them over anything Atlantis or RSVP does.

I'd also look into the new Ritz Carlton cruise yachts.  They start destinations this fall.  

The whole concept of 'gay cruising' is a sort of a dying thing, as like with gay neighborhoods, the community has achieved basic normalcy and there's not as much need for it.

On the whole, the nicer lines understand they have a loyal, repeat gay clientele and take care of them exceptionally well.

29 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nicholas said:

The whole concept of 'gay cruising' is a sort of a dying thing

I’d say the same thing about cruising in general. Although I’ve enjoyed it somewhat in the past,
you’d be hard pressed to get me on a boat today. The early days of the pandemic really highlighted
what a floating cesspool of infectious waste these ships really are. The spread of infection, and
their inability to contain it was astounding.

I never really enjoyed life-at-sea and the days in port were even worse. I’d never spend a night on 
a boat docked at the Westside Piers or in Red Hook and think I’d been to NYC. Why would any
other destination around the world be any different?

Cruising is for people too stupid, too scared, too lazy, or too old to really travel. 

13 minutes ago, nycman said:

I’d say the same thing about cruising in general. Although I’ve enjoyed it somewhat in the past,
you’d be hard pressed to get me on a boat today. The early days of the pandemic really highlighted
what a floating cesspool of infectious waste these ships really are. The spread of infection, and
their inability to contain it was astounding.

I never really enjoyed life-at-sea and the days in port were even worse. I’d never spend a night on 
a boat docked at the Westside Piers or in Red Hook and think I’d been to NYC. Why would any
other destination around the world be any different?

Cruising is for people too stupid, too scared, too lazy, or too old to really travel. 

That is a little harsh, don't you think? 🤨  Cruises can offer great value, the onboard activities have gotten a lot better since I took my first cruise many years ago and it is great family time.  It's not for everyone, but calling people stupid or lazy...not cool man.

spacer.png

Thank you for the replies. I guess I should have further specified my interests. I usually just fly to a place and then decide on additional land destinations. However, I think certain cruises make sense, at least for me. ie. to Antarctica, down the West Coast of Africa to SAfrica and then do a safari, the Far North like Iceland , Greenland and far reaches of Norway, and many of the Pacific Islands to NZ. These cruises are my dream experiences and if GAY FRIENDLY, all the better....

I've been on 17 cruises, from 7 to 16 nights in length.

3 have been all gay RSVP cruise.

4 have been with a gay group (Pied Piper Travel).

The other 10 cruises have been regular cruises with my straight friends and family, but enjoyed Friends of Dorothy (now just called "GBLT meet") on two of those cruises.

I am looking forward to an all gay Rhine River Cruise with Adventure Bears.  I am also looking forward to cruising with other gay groups such as Arno's, Daddy Cruise, etc.

I like cruising as I get to see a lot of different cities and sights in a short amount of time, while being relaxed the entire trip because meals and entertainment are great.  I then can decide which ports I like best to come back to on a future vacation.

When I travel by myself, I find it much more fun when I know there will be at least a couple dozen gays on the same itinerary.

Edited by Vegas_nw1982