HBO The White Lotus

This topic is 833 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Last episode promo !

What is the necklace falling in the water at the beginning? Is it the one Kai made for Paula? Is she throwing it away or did she give it back and Kai throws it away?

Again, remember, no one commits suicide, someone was killed.

Also the show's been renewed so it's someone expendable. 

Edited by tassojunior

23 minutes ago, E.T.Bass said:

The New Yorker piece on The White Lotus was very kind.  Perhaps no surprise some are hooked on the show.

Tomorrow night we'll find out what happened.

....In the meantime here's "Greg and Tanya's" theme.  😉

very classic sound....I can imagine arriving in Honolulu on the Matson Line in 1928, being whisked off to the Royal Hawaiian, and arriving to find the small hotel quartet gently performing this in the lobby...

Edited by azdr0710

37 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

ABC wouldn't show the scenes with Murray Bartlett and Lukas Gage concerning ass eating.

Exactly. 

There is so much in The White Lotus that is foreign to what is found on ABC.  

Here is the New Yorker piece, linked below. 

I skimmed it and seems to be free too many spoilers.

The Brilliant, Biting Social Satire of “The White Lotus”       Mike White’s HBO tragicomedy is one of the best shows of the year.

spacer.png

I didn’t realize that Mike White was creator/star of Chuck and Buck, a cringe-y indie film that’s now old enough to drink… I hadn’t seen a photo of him til this week somehow.

Still processing the last episode - the interview above sheds some light. 

Bartlett and Coolidge each took me on a ride, kudos to them. 

I want to see Dillon as a minor character in another show, having moved to mainland, drinking with some people and somebody says “I bet you must have met all kinds of people working at a spendy resort on Maui - any good stories?”

Edited by jeezifonly

Variety on the Dillon's character

Tangled in Armond's  destruction downward spiral, Dillion seems like a  genuinrly good guy who is maybe a little too easily persuaded whether he is cleaning up broken glass in the patio, facilitating Tonya's nautical Ash gathering or opening up his ass cheeks for his boss - he does what's he told without reallying complaining

Armond

Variety hates him: he sexually coerced his employees by offering free drugs and flexible shifts

It was fun to watch, but still too many things happened that didn't make much sense. I may have missed explanations, but it seemed to me the Mossbacher's could have afforded a separate room for the girls. Tanya knew the girls had left the bag on the beach, so wouldn't she have told the attendant this info when she turned in the bag? Did Paula get away with being an accessory to the theft (surely, Kai would have been questioned about how he knew the combination)? Couldn't the canoe team have found a better substitute than Quinn?

On 8/15/2021 at 10:03 PM, E.T.Bass said:

I am not surprised how it turned out. Was a little bit underwhelming. 

But there was a first for me.  I've never seen that on screen before, even if it was camera trick.

If you are interested in more scenes of this type.....

9 hours ago, MiamiLooker said:

It was fun to watch, but still too many things happened that didn't make much sense. I may have missed explanations, but it seemed to me the Mossbacher's could have afforded a separate room for the girls. Tanya knew the girls had left the bag on the beach, so wouldn't she have told the attendant this info when she turned in the bag? Did Paula get away with being an accessory to the theft (surely, Kai would have been questioned about how he knew the combination)? Couldn't the canoe team have found a better substitute than Quinn?

Tanya may have been too focused on herself, as usual. Agree about Quinn. That didn't make much sense. Maybe Quinn can live with Dillon as roommates.