UK Opens to US Aug. 2 London Calling

tassojunior
This topic is 919 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In a surprise move from the country where the Delta variant recently hit hard, the UK will open to vaccinated EU and US citizens this monday. (New cases in the UK have dropped a lot in the past 7 days). Visitors will still have to test pre-flight and within 2 days of arrival but no quarantine. The 2nd BA flight from DC to LHR, the BWI-LHR flight and the Virgin DC-LHR flight are all resuming next week. 

Important for me with the passport renewal fiasco in the US: unlike European countries that require a passport be good for 3 or 6 months after departure, the UK has no such rules (my passport expires in January). The passport must just be good for the trip dates.

Of course with Brexit, further travel from London will require checking European country rules and sometimes more tests. Also if you layover, some European countries still block travel from the UK I think. 

spacer.png

Edited by tassojunior

• + tassojunior changed the title to UK Opens to US Aug. 2 London Calling
  • 1 month later...

Took my birthday trip to London last month and had a great time. The people who own the flat where we stayed offered to extend my booking at a discount for the extra days. Since the cost of changing my flight was cheaper than I originally paid, I took advantage and stayed two extra days. Went to the British Museum, the National Gallery and the Churchill War Rooms. Also saw Ben Franklin's house. We went to two shows, Joseph and Come From Away. Went to the Wolseley on my birthday for afternoon tea. I cooked dinner dinner a couple of times and did some baking.

Gabriel was great and even bought me flowers for my birthday.

Please feel free to PM with questions.