Do Hustler Bars even exist anymore?

Dallas Jayson
This topic is 962 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There are 3 in Berlin and 3 in Hamburg plus other German cities I'm sure. But they are all full of guys from Romania. Not a German to be found offline. 1 of sorts in Prague with no Romanians or anyone else usually. Thermas Sauna in Barcelona is sex in rooms and Paragonya in Zurich is a bar with rentboys and rooms. Several like that in South America.  At strip clubs guys do privates and moonlight. The best are all online. 

1 hour ago, Cock Eyed Optimist said:

This thread brought back fond memories of Stella's and The townhouse in NYC.

BTW, does The Townhouse still exist?

Yes Townhouse is still alive and doing really well. It was full on a recent Saturday evening. But… I have never seen any Hustlers or RBs there….  It is mainly a Piano Bar and hangout for the Gray Gentlemen Gang (50+).  I am 49 but look like in my 30s ( so I am told ). I feel like I have fallen into No Man’s Land. Too old for the hip happening places and too young looking for Townhouse. 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

All the best Trade is online.  Haven’t been to Prague for 14 years…. So don’t know. But Berlin was 4 years ago… the RB bars exist but nothing I liked… all online there too. 

Edited by BonVivant

17 hours ago, tassojunior said:

There are 3 in Berlin and 3 in Hamburg plus other German cities I'm sure. But they are all full of guys from Romania. Not a German to be found offline. 1 of sorts in Prague with no Romanians or anyone else usually. Thermas Sauna in Barcelona is sex in rooms and Paragonya in Zurich is a bar with rentboys and rooms. Several like that in South America.  At strip clubs guys do privates and moonlight. The best are all online. 

I met a young man from Germany in a Berlin bar

6 hours ago, Cock Eyed Optimist said:

This thread brought back fond memories of Stella's and The townhouse in NYC.

BTW, does The Townhouse still exist?

For me it brought back memories of Rounds in New York City. That was a hustler's bar par excellence. Very classy rentguys, some students, and nicely mannered. It was all conducted in a gentleman's club kind of way. It's heyday was in the 70s and 80s, I take it.

Went to the Townhouse once and was disappointed by the lack of rentguys.

Edited by Luv2play

On 7/28/2021 at 4:05 PM, Luv2play said:

For me it brought back memories of Rounds in New York City. That was a hustler's bar par excellence. Very classy rentguys, some students, and nicely mannered. It was all conducted in a gentleman's club kind of way. It's heyday was in the 70s and 80s, I take it.

Went to the Townhouse once and was disappointed by the lack of rentguys.

Oh YES!  How could I ever forget Rounds!  Awesome!

25 minutes ago, Cock Eyed Optimist said:

Oh YES!  How could I ever forget Rounds!  Awesome!

I was in my 30's when I first visited Rounds and didn't hire at that time. I was introduced to it by a friend from Europe who was living in New York at the time, just around the corner.

The next time was 4 years later when I was visiting with an ex lover and after dinner I went there by myself and hired a very nice Black young man of impeccable manners and demeanor. Very tall and cute. I remember his fee was $150, the upper end for that time. But worth it.

Oh man! I remembered a night of a good 18 years ago in Berlin, I was staying at this gay hotel which had a gay (with few rentboys, but I didn't know it until I went downstairs) bar underneath, and this super hot big muscular stud came into my room and fucked the hell out of me for 80 Euros...😍

2 hours ago, Italiano said:

Oh man! I remembered a night of a good 18 years ago in Berlin, I was staying at this gay hotel which had a gay (with few rentboys, but I didn't know it until I went downstairs) bar underneath, and this super hot big muscular stud came into my room and fucked the hell out of me for 80 Euros...😍

Those were the days… this whole online thing just doesn’t…. Cut it. I miss the Meat Market days. When you could evaluate the goods and interact. Oh…. 😭 so sad. 

See Harrisburg PA from the “Deli” section. 

On 8/3/2021 at 11:01 AM, tassojunior said:

Harrisburg's a very gay city. I haven't been for 5 years but there are at least 2 big gay bars on the main street in front of the capitol plus several others, and plenty of cruising in front of the capitol. From the capitol to the river south of Broad there's a hustler circuit of sorts too around a couple convenience stores in a working-class (poor white) inner city area (Front Street?). It may not be an online city but in person there's plenty available. It's one of those "Town & Gown" towns where half the state workers are gay and  all townies have a cousin who "dates" gays.  

https://harrisburg.gaycities.com/bars

I think it was 704 Bar where I met a couple accommodating guys. 

Is Harrisburg PA still old school?

9 hours ago, Lucky said:

We used to have so much fun at Stella's. Even if I wasn't hiring, it was fun watching the dance between hustler and potential client.

I agree.
The “scene" was 1/2 the fun. 
Ahhh, when Times Square was more fun and less like an outdoor Shopping Mall in New Jersey. 

Edited by nycman

On 7/28/2021 at 9:08 AM, BonVivant said:

Yes Townhouse is still alive and doing really well. It was full on a recent Saturday evening. But… I have never seen any Hustlers or RBs there….  It is mainly a Piano Bar and hangout for the Gray Gentlemen Gang (50+).  I am 49 but look like in my 30s ( so I am told ). I feel like I have fallen into No Man’s Land. Too old for the hip happening places and too young looking for Townhouse. 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

The strict dress code probably discourages young men from coming in. But there are still young guys there who are happy to engage older men.

Edited by FreshFluff