friendboy tips

beforetaste
This topic is 995 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

welcome to the forum....

you probably missed much of the extensive discussion re: friendboy that's gone on here in the forum......general consensus is that some of the advertisers are reliable, many are not, and a few are old ads......mintboys is worse and rent.men is the best of an entirely sorry lot......

see if you can use the search here for "friendboy" and find discussion about its reliability......

I believe friendboy and mintboys do not charge providers to advertise......that concern can lead to its own pros and cons......

With few exceptions, at least in my area, the guys on Friendboy and Mintboy are sketchy at best.  I wouldn't consider hiring from either site. There are a few providers who advertise on RentMen and those sites, so at least you have a better chance of vetting them via their RentMen reviews. 

Early on in Friendboy I stumbled across a provider who resembled a coworker. I clicked on Call and sure enough the number came up as my friends name from my contacts. I hung up after 2nd ring.

Do these sites trace back the origin number of an incomplete call made thru the site, maybe as a service to advertisers? I’m hoping not- would rather him think it was a random butt dial. His profile long gone, and he had to move to parents to help them during Covid. 

Guest davebk

Friendboy is sometimes useful for finding a bit more info or rates for a guy you’ve found on A4A or another site. Doesn’t mean it will be a guarantee, but does sometimes give some credibility or verification. 

4 hours ago, Trick said:

Does friendboy still conduct in-person verification?  Was that just a gimmick?

I don't think it was a gimmick as much as something they could do when the site was small but can't do now that the site has grown.