Updated Stats - July 2021

RadioRob
This topic is 1005 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

From time to time, my goal is to share some information about the site from some of the analytics and monitoring that I do.  These sorts of data points help as I'm working to define a strategy for the site and to help me prioritize the projects that I work on.   This is not meant to be a summary of all data points that are available, but meant to highlight some of the ones I found most interesting.  

About Our Users

• Over the last 30 days we have averaged around 5,000 unique visitors per day.  (105K unique visitors identified.)
  • Those users had around 187K sessions.  (A session is defined as a 30 minute window in which a user interacts with the website.)
    • Each user had just shy of 2 sessions per day on average.  The most sessions logged in a single day was 28.
    • Even though a session "times out" after 30 minutes of no activity, the average time of a session was 6:28.
  • During each session, on average each person views 7.5 pages (meaning they view that many pages and then stop for at least 30 minutes in which case it would start a new session).
  • Over the course of 30 days, we see an average of 3.5 million page views.  
  • 38.3 million objects were requested during that 30 day period.  (Objects are the individual images, icons, etc that are assembled to make a page.)
  • 84% of our traffic comes from within the United States
  • User Device Breakdown
    • Mobile - 54%
    • Desktop - 43%
    • Tablet - 3%
  • If a user was using a mobile device:
    • 53% used an iPhone
    • 4% used an iPad
    • The remainder was split among various Android device manufacturers.  No single model accounted for 1% of devices.
  • Of our 5,000 unique visitors per day...  an average of 850 people logged in with a username/password to the site per day.  This means of all the people that you see posting every day, it's only representing about 17% of the site's users.   
  • If you're logged into the site with a username/password...
    • Traffic Breakdown
      • 50% use Safari (either mobile or desktop)
      • 36% use Chrome
      • 6% use Firefox
      • 5% use Edge
      • 3% use something else (Opera, Silk, etc)
    • Search
      • 40% of sessions include at least 1 search.
      • 9% of sessions include 5 or more searches.
      • 30% of people who searched refined their results (added additional terms, changed filters, etc)
      • The most searched phrase across the site included "Chicago" followed by "New York" and "Los Angeles" (If I account for LA* as well.)

Site Statistics

• We have averaged approximately 100 new account registrations per month since our move to IPB.  This is down from an average of 220 new account registrations per month.  The primary attribution for this is better blocking of fake/spam account registrations.
    • We block traffic from Russia and China.  We average 80K attempts from these two countries per month.
    • IPB's spam detection system identifies and denies over 300 spam registrations per month.  (These were manually done by moderators/admin in the past under Xenforo.)
  • Approximately 550 private messages are sent per day.  85% of these are replies to existing conversations.  
  • We average 600 post replies per day on our forums.  In terms of new TOPICS, the average is 25 per day.  So ya'll reply to a lot more than you start!
  • Members give an average of 930 reactions per day.  76% of these reactions are "Like".  
  • We send an average of 850 emails per day.   60% of those emails are notifications of new private messages.  (This is followed by New Comment notifications and then New Reaction notifications.)
  • The most "viewed" topic in the last month was:It was picked up by Google and viewed over 30,000 times in almost 48 hours.  This is what caused us to hit a new record of 443 concurrent people online on July 7th.  95% of that was from guests viewing that thread.  

On 7/23/2021 at 10:33 AM, RadioRob said:

• The most "viewed" topic in the last month was:It was picked up by Google and viewed over 30,000 times in almost 48 hours.  This is what caused us to hit a new record of 443 concurrent people online on July 7th.  95% of that was from guests viewing that thread.  

Never expected my post would go viral 😉. Very cool!