Tennis Shoes that Look like Dress Shoes

Doe Be Doe
This topic is 1001 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

20 minutes ago, Doe Be Doe said:

Hi. Does anyone know of a brand of tennis shoe/sneaker/trainer that could pass for a dress shoe?

Thanks.

I suspect the best you can do is so called “dress sneakers”. Some of them are quite smart but they can be expensive. But really none of these will fool anyone if you try to pass them off for the real thing. 🤓

https://www.florsheim.com/shop/style/15189-221.html

Harold Matzner, one of the wealthiest citizens of Palm Springs and a well-known philanthropist, always wears tennis shoes and often appears at formal events wearing dark blue tennis shoes with his tuxedo. Of course, he also owns the fashionable Tennis Club in town, so it's a kind of signal to those in the know. However, I have noticed that they are not really "tennis shoes," but what would be more properly described as sneakers (and cheap ones, at that).

Instead of trying to hide the fact that you are wearing comfortable shoes, make them a transgressive fashion statement.

I recommend Vans sneakers (the favourite of skateboarders) @Doe Be Doe

I’ve worn black Vans to dinners and events. They’re especially comfortable if you have to do a lot of walking or standing. Buy the all-black shoes in the ‘Ultracush’ range.

Strangely the only people to comment on my shoes have been young men. I’ve had some interesting conversations as a result…

Edited by MscleLovr

Cole Haan are my go-to for very light, white leather tennis shoes that can be dressed up with a blazer and decent jeans or chinos.

While a lot of other brands mentioned in this thread are quality, solid shoes, many of them are heavy in weight.

For travel (and general purpose), I want a light, packable, cleanable, easy on/off shoe.

Edited by Benjamin_Nicholas