Google Ads

HotWhiteThirties
This topic is 1014 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

1 minute ago, Cooper said:

Do these Google Ads produce an income for the site? 

In "theory" it should.  How much is the question.  I actually added the code at 8pm yesterday.  Ads did not immediately start serving because Google had to profile the site.  (This is why I could not validate it only appeared for Guests like I was expecting.)

In looking at my email, it looks like Google activated ad serving at 3:37 AM ET.  From then until 8 AM ET when I disabled them, the Google Webmaster tool shows earning at $0.02.  So it's not anything to write home about or count on to fund long-term support from.  Now...  this is for a Sunday over the middle of the night basically.  The only way to find out is to do some experiments.  

While all this mad scientist experimentation is going on, actual "site members" are not "intended" to be impacted.  I wrap that in quotes as obviously they were when I first rolled this out but we'll see what happens over the next few weeks.  

mad scientist laughter GIF by SMOSH

8 minutes ago, RadioRob said:

In "theory" it should.  How much is the question.  I actually added the code at 8pm yesterday.  Ads did not immediately start serving because Google had to profile the site.  (This is why I could not validate it only appeared for Guests like I was expecting.)

In looking at my email, it looks like Google activated ad serving at 3:37 AM ET.  From then until 8 AM ET when I disabled them, the Google Webmaster tool shows earning at $0.02.  So it's not anything to write home about or count on to fund long-term support from.  Now...  this is for a Sunday over the middle of the night basically.  The only way to find out is to do some experiments.  

While all this mad scientist experimentation is going on, actual "site members" are not "intended" to be impacted.  I wrap that in quotes as obviously they were when I first rolled this out but we'll see what happens over the next few weeks.  

mad scientist laughter GIF by SMOSH

If you can pass through Google Ads filters. Let me know. Adult content sites are banned.

5 minutes ago, latbear4blk said:

If you can pass through Google Ads filters. Let me know. Adult content sites are banned.

SO FAR it’s working but who knows what the next week will hold.  I expected it to reject the site when it was profiling us. It said it would take two days up to a week.  I wake up to find ads are live. Who knows!