Favorite College Football Team

5280Dane
This topic is 838 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

What’s your favorite college football team?  

What 4 teams will make the playoff?

Which team will surprise as over achievers?  And who will surprise as under achievers?

1.  Ohio State

2.  Oklahoma

3.  Alabama

4.  Southern Cal USC

Overachiever - Nebraska

Underachiever - Clemson 

My two favorite teams are Alabama "Roll Tide" and SMU "PonyUp" (I'm an alum at both schools).

In my opinion the four best programs are Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, and Oklahoma.

The biggest jokes in College football are Texas and Michigan.

FOOTBALL IS BACK NEXT MONTH!!!!

Edited by CatDaddy
Grammar

1 minute ago, CatDaddy said:

I remember during a game last year the announcers said Texas has the most losses as a ranked team against unranked teams since the early 2010's or something. They just are always so overhyped indeed. And Michigan's' big problem is they need to finally beat Michigan St someday. 😅

On 7/1/2021 at 10:10 AM, CatDaddy said:

My two favorite teams are Alabama "Roll Tide" and SMU "PonyUp" (I'm an alum at both schools).

In my opinion the four best programs are Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, and Oklahoma.

FOOTBALL IS BACK NEXT MONTH!!!!

Agree on the jokes 

1 hour ago, E.T.Bass said:

Whatsa Matta U.    The best team money can buy.   

I'd like to see some different teams excel this year.  How about Notre Dame?  

Iowa State won the regular season Big 12 last year.  Will they make an even bigger splash this year?

Would be fun to see UCLA win but I won't hold my breath.

Iowa State is certainly a team to watch.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they get past Iowa that they go undefeated.  Don’t give up on Chip Kelly, he will have the Bruins back soon enough.

20 hours ago, 5280Dane said:

Iowa State is certainly a team to watch.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they get past Iowa that they go undefeated.  Don’t give up on Chip Kelly, he will have the Bruins back soon enough.

I hope you are right about Chip Kelly.  An LA Times piece voiced frustration over his performance.  Was pretty brutal.

Your overachiever Nebraska plays at Oklahoma this season.    Could be an emotional game for the old die-hard Nebraska fans.

The Iowa / Iowa State game up at Jack Trice Stadium in Ames could be a thriller.       

spacer.png

Edited by E.T.Bass
sp.

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite team is Iowa...I'll be going to the game vs Minnesota in Iowa City in November! And the Iowa/Iowa State will be huge at the second week of the season...a preseason poll has ISU in the top 10 (probably the best in school history) and Iowa at 18.  

Though I did not attend Nebraska nor have I ever been to the state, I root for Nebraska football.  Go Huskers.  Nice moving to the Big 10, they have been dreadful.  Each year for the last 3 years, they have been ranked in the Top 25 or close during the preseason polls and then they either lose or nearly lose to a vastly overmatched small league team.  From there, it has been downhill.  I hope to see some improvement this year but I need to see it to believe it.  

Overrated team for me is usually Florida or Florida State.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2021 at 11:21 AM, Kman said:

Favorite team is Iowa...I'll be going to the game vs Minnesota in Iowa City in November! And the Iowa/Iowa State will be huge at the second week of the season...a preseason poll has ISU in the top 10 (probably the best in school history) and Iowa at 18.  

I’m praying Nebraska ends the streak this year against the Hawkeyes.

On 8/5/2021 at 12:57 PM, 5280Dane said:

I’m praying Nebraska ends the streak this year against the Hawkeyes.

Nebraska and Iowa football fans remind me of each other.  Nuff said!

On 7/25/2021 at 2:05 PM, purplekow said:

Though I did not attend Nebraska nor have I ever been to the state, I root for Nebraska football.  Go Huskers.  Nice moving to the Big 10, they have been dreadful.  Each year for the last 3 years, they have been ranked in the Top 25 or close during the preseason polls and then they either lose or nearly lose to a vastly overmatched small league team.  From there, it has been downhill.  I hope to see some improvement this year but I need to see it to believe it.  

Overrated team for me is usually Florida or Florida State.   

Some are predicting Texas will see their football fortunes fall going to the SEC in the same way Nebraska has achieved much less in the Big 10 vs. the old days.

I lived in Omaha during the good old days. I have to wonder how their fans are reacting now to an underachieving program.  Not well I expect.  

Let's see what Texas does in the SEC.

🐂

I can tell you most fans finally are more realistic and aspire to be like Wisconsin, but it took many years.  After all, after more than 30 years of 9+ wins and a bowl game, and a sellout streak that continues today and started in 1962, we were spoiled.  I would simply warn Ohio State, Clemson and Bama to enjoy it while you can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...