Politics entries blocked?

This topic is 1002 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When I tried to start a string on the Politics forum, I couldn't enter anything on the body of the post, just the title. I tried switching browsers and had the same problem. Obviously I'm able to start a string in the Lounge, so I don't know if there's only a problem in the Politics forum?

@Unicorn, I asked @RadioRob to look into the problem. I was able to start a thread with Edge (like you)and can see you were able to reply to an existing one. Just got my computer back from being repaired and haven't installed Chrome and Firefox yet, so I can't test those yet. Let's see what Rob finds out.

Thanks for letting us know 😀

Also I’m confident this is a cache problem for a few reasons:

1. I have not changed any permissions or access settings. (Haha that would have been obvious!)

2. If you did not have permission to start a topic or reply to a topic in a forum, the button would disappear completely. It would not let you only enter a title. 

3. People have been creating posts/replying today. I’ve not seen any widespread access issues. I HAVE seen a few folks with different issues that were resolved by clearing cache. 🙂

2 hours ago, RadioRob said:

There have been a few updates to some of the site JavaScript files. If you would, clear your temporary internet files and try again. If you need help with how to do this just let me know. I’m at dinner now but can post directions once I get back home. 

I think you deserve a royalty title like "Sir @RadioRob" because you care too much for this forum and for the minions running around discovering issues that get your attention away from little things like having a peaceful dinner... 🙃