Appropriate time for details

This topic is 995 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I understand that initial communication with a provider when inquiring should always be brief, clear, and respectful and basically about date, time, location, duration. 
In profiles, many providers will indicate “open to new things” or “mild to wild” “let me make your fantasy come true” and my favorite, “Ask Me”

If from his pics and profile, I expect he would be agreeable to fun with X Y and Z activities, is the necessarily more graphic proposal better for the provider via text (volley no doubt) or voice call? There are times a provider needs to have a sketch of the session to quote rate and agree on times. 
I like to hear the voice, and sometimes providers appreciate that as well. So I usually place a call
What do you think? are you in favor of a call (by appt if needed for privacy) or of text for details of the client’s objectives? I always follow up with simple confirmation text re day date hour, location. Thanks

Not only do I have to see a face picture, but 95 percent of the time I need to hear the voice. A few years ago, a saw an ad for a guy that looked like someone that I would really be into. I called his number & the minute he picked up the phone & I heard his voice & the way he spoke I knew he was not what I was looking for. Some guys refuse to take one minute to talk to you. Thats kind of fucked up. 

5 hours ago, ericwinters said:

I prefer to talk with a provider. Many times I'm accused of being a time water.

This is the reason why 50% of providers don't take phone calls. Luckily for me I also prefer to text. I use my gut and my knowledge when reading the reviews and that method rarely fails. The couple times I left because I didn't like a provider's vibes or voice, I used the first 5 minutes of our meeting to decide if I leave or stay.

Edited by lonely_john

Phone calls are cool! I like phone calls. I just don't like them unannounced. Consider sending a text saying "hi, I'm x, looking for y, would love to chat on the phone to discuss further". 

For me, the appropriate time to discuss details is once we have established that date/time/location/rate are a match.  I don’t need to hear the details of your fetishes or past sexual experiences before we even check if the logistics are going to work.  I may give guys who message me with lots of details about their sexual interests before discussing a date and time the benefit of the doubt, technically, but it is a major yellow warning flag and starts our interaction off on the wrong foot.

I’ll usually ask for details myself once we’ve confirmed a date and time.  I’ll usually frame it by asking about their experience level with my niche and asking if there’s anything specific that they’re excited to explore together.  I do very much want to know these details going into our meeting so that I can mentally prep and tailor the experience as much as possible.

I like phone calls a lot.  I feel like I can get a much better idea of what our chemistry is going to be like in 30 seconds on the phone vs an hour texting.  Can’t beat the efficiency.

Edited by HoleTrainer

8 hours ago, DanteV said:

Phone calls are cool! I like phone calls. I just don't like them unannounced. Consider sending a text saying "hi, I'm x, looking for y, would love to chat on the phone to discuss further". 

Yes! This right here!

Not everybody is free to talk at any given moment. A heads up would be awesome!

3 hours ago, TorontoTwink said:

Yes! This right here!

Not everybody is free to talk at any given moment. A heads up would be awesome!

Yes, me too. I like clients to call if they have things to discuss. It’s not time wasting to call and talk about requirements, it makes the meeting better because I know exactly what he likes. As long as I get a heads up and we agree a time to call I’m fine to talk. It’s more personal than a text and starts off the connection nicely. 

There’s a few time wasters but if I sense the call is going that way then it’s easy to end it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Strip4me
On 7/6/2021 at 9:41 AM, Calix_V2 said:

I'll use voice clips over session messenger if people want to share their voice or hear mine. But that's a rare request.

I hadn’t been using voice clips until I saw this. Nice feature. 

Guest leftbench23

And talking to providers will reveal their enthusiasm for your session. Most of the time when set up is text only, the provider is stone cold and emotionless with me, no matter how many five star reviews! 

Yeah I am kinda regretting not calling a few of the potential guys I had lined up for my birthday orgy. I think a lot is missed in text communications. Literally had one guy in the hotel lobby who backed out last minute because he didn't realize it was a "group" thing. Looking back at my texts I thought it was pretty clear. I had said, "I'm looking for someone to hang out and have some fun on Saturday night with me and a couple friends." But maybe in spoken conversation this could've been clearer or could have clarified any concerns he might've had. 

1 hour ago, keroscenefire said:

Yeah I am kinda regretting not calling a few of the potential guys I had lined up for my birthday orgy. I think a lot is missed in text communications. Literally had one guy in the hotel lobby who backed out last minute because he didn't realize it was a "group" thing. Looking back at my texts I thought it was pretty clear. I had said, "I'm looking for someone to hang out and have some fun on Saturday night with me and a couple friends." But maybe in spoken conversation this could've been clearer or could have clarified any concerns he might've had. 

The more specific or detailed your requirements the better it is to speak to the provider. I’m fine if clients call me to talk through what they want if they have specific circumstances. Plus some clients don’t like to type everything out…..it’s too clinical. It’s easier for them to talk it through. I do ask that they arrange a time to call though because I can then make sure I’m somewhere quiet to talk.

I have one client who called me because he’s disabled and wanted to check I was ok with his disability before he booked. When I met him for the session he said he likes to hear the providers reaction because they’ll sometimes say “yes ok” if he tells them his disabled when booking by text only to find they cancel on him subsequently. If he talks to them he has a better idea of their attitude to him. There’s all sorts of reasons why clients might want to call me so I’m very happy to chat. It starts things off nicely.