David Archuleta Says He's 'Some Form of Bisexual' After Coming Out

wayout
Message added by sam.fitzpatrick,

Reminder:  This website is intended to be inclusive, and we have several bi-sexual members.  We need to be respectful of anyone, that views themselves as bi-sexual.  

On 6/24/2021 at 3:09 AM, jjkrkwood said:

Labels, labels, labels........ ENOUGH !  

Some people aren't afraid of commitment. I'm glad to have him in our "family." 

David Archuleta Comes Out as Member of the LGBTQIA+ Community - E! Online -  AP

He's probably just saying that he hasn't had sex to avoid upsetting the LDS church. Maybe he's also defining sex in the Clintonian sense (no vaginal penetration). I don't buy the gay-to-bi stuff either. He's probably confusing sisterly love with being sexually attracted to women. All that said, he's like an E-list celebrity who performs at mall parking lots, and speaking engagements as "bi but still religious" might actually pay more.

15 hours ago, sniper said:

I feel bad for him that he's still buying into the dogma, it's not helping him. 30 and still apparently never having had sex isn't a good thing. I hope he finds someone and can shed the baggage.

I agree.  His trust in LDS leadership does him more harm than good.   He's just a meal ticket to them.  They'll string him along, all smiles.

I hope he finds an affirming worship place and a nice Tennessee BF.  

I heard a comedian recently say that someone calling themself a Bisexual is simply to soften the blow and ease the acceptance of them actually being "GAY".... especially for guys...

With some serious thought, I might tend to AGREE....

1 hour ago, jjkrkwood said:

I heard a comedian recently say that someone calling themself a Bisexual is simply to soften the blow and ease the acceptance of them actually being "GAY".... especially for guys...

I also agree. I've known a number of men who first said they were bisexual, but subsequently admitted they were gay all along. There are celebrity examples as well, such as Sir Elton John. 

2 hours ago, jjkrkwood said:

That's been my experience as well, but in recent times some guys have pretty confidently stated Bi even years after coming out. So there are Biguys.

Or should I say Bidudes?

Edited by Lucky

Then there's the category of "pansexual," which trans people often claim. I'm not sure how that differs from bisexuality. Whatever makes a person more available....

A few years ago I would have thought that a claim to be bisexual was a stepping stone to admitted being gay but I've since learned that lots of men truly are bisexual. They may be simultaneously attracted to both men and women or they may go through periods of being attracted to one sex more than the other. I will admit to wondering if Archuleta is calling himself bisexual as a stepping stone but I'm also reminding myself that truly bisexual men do exist... and there are lots of them.  

I know true bisexuals exist, having once met a man who's paid for sex for both men and women. I'd be curious to know what the ratio is between true bisexuals and those who are too chicken to call themselves gay. I'm guessing David Archuleta is in the latter category, since he has a strong incentive due to his religious views, to leave the door open to being married to a woman. It's sad that some peoples' religious views can lead to a lifetime without fulfilment. He's a handsome, talented man, who deserves to have a happy, fulfilling life. It's sad that this might be ruined due to adherence to one of the dumbest religions on the planet. 

Edited by Unicorn

1 hour ago, Unicorn said:

I know true bisexuals exist, having once met a man who's paid for sex for both men and women. I'd be curious to know what the ratio is between true bisexuals and those who are to chicken to call themselves gay. I'm guessing David Archuleta is in the latter category, since he has a strong incentive due to his religious views, to leave the door open to being married to a woman. It's sad that some peoples' religious views can lead to a lifetime without fulfilment. He's a handsome, talented man, who deserves to have a happy, fulfilling life. It's sad that this might be ruined due to adherence to one of the dumbest religions on the planet. 

"On of the dumbest religions on the planet".   Have some respect for a guy who is a bit confused about his sexuality.

Bisexual my ass! Nothing that 10 inches up his ass won't cure.  He's demurring to LDS Church officials.  As if it's some more acceptable to be bi than gay.  Poor kid--even his two year mission didn't "straighten" him out!

2 hours ago, WilliamM said:

"On of the dumbest religions on the planet".   Have some respect for a guy who is a bit confused about his sexuality.

I respect the man. Unfortunately, he has been brainwashed by a religion which is known to be BS for reasons I have previously explained in the Politics & Religion Forum. No reason to go over that now. It's an unfortunate tradition in many religions to have to put a group of people down, such as gays, in order to promote themselves. I feel bad for David.

Edited by Unicorn

19 hours ago, Unicorn said:

I respect the man. Unfortunately, he has been brainwashed by a religion which is known to be BS for reasons I have previously explained in the Politics & Religion Forum. No reason to go over that now. It's an unfortunate tradition in many religions to have to put a group of people down, such as gays, in order to promote themselves. I feel bad for David.

That's an opinion. And it is irrelevant to this discussion

Edited by WilliamM

May his life’s journey be enhanced by being true to himself. I mean that. 

But I’m weary of all the Stars and Influencers over-sharing these days. I mean, isn’t the group of people that might need this intimate information actually a pretty small one? His family, close friends, collaborators, his pediatrician and other MD’s, plus the few individuals he may find desirable in a given time and place? Can’t I still appreciate his work if I don't care about what “sort of bisexual” he is?

”Yeah, but his story can set an example for younger people who…”

Bullshit. He’s a beautiful celebrity and has a ton of money. The only younger LGBTQ people whose experience could possibly be modeled on DA’s would be more beautiful celebrities with a lot of money

Goodness. How about we let the man say who he is and what he is and take him at his word? Time will tell, but I've always wondered why nearly every time I read a story similar to this, it takes the same course. "He's really gay, he can't be bi. Bi's just a stepping stone. There may be Bi guys, but he can't be one cause...x, y, z." 

And...he very well could be. He says he is. I'm gonna leave it there and say, "Good for him." 

2 hours ago, jeezifonly said:

...But I’m weary of all the Stars and Influencers over-sharing these days. I mean, isn’t the group of people that might need this intimate information actually a pretty small one? His family, close friends, collaborators, his pediatrician and other MD’s, plus the few individuals he may find desirable in a given time and place? Can’t I still appreciate his work if I don't care about what “sort of bisexual” he is?...

Why would he have a pediatrician? Does he have kids? Sure, he doesn't need to be truthful to anyone. But thankfully there are people like Raiders player Carl Nassib who can set a positive example for the often troubled youth of today. Not only did he set a good example, but he gave a large chunk of cash to the Trevor Project as well. It's nice that there are successful gay men out there who set themselves as good examples for teens and gay men out there whose main experience with being gay is bullying and bashing. I'm very grateful for successful members of the LGBTQ community who put themselves out as positive role models....

Raiders' Carl Nassib becomes first openly-gay active NFL player - KLKN-TV

Pin on Stars

Pediatrician joke about his youth was all

Role models setting good examples, and leading the good fight in local region or city have more to offer young people facing societal obstacles. The spotlights will stay trained on those who generate sales. 

15 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Why would he have a pediatrician? Does he have kids? Sure, he doesn't need to be truthful to anyone. But thankfully there are people like Raiders player Carl Nassib who can set a positive example for the often troubled youth of today. Not only did he set a good example, but he gave a large chunk of cash to the Trevor Project as well. It's nice that there are successful gay men out there who set themselves as good examples for teens and gay men out there whose main experience with being gay is bullying and bashing. I'm very grateful for successful members of the LGBTQ community who put themselves out as positive role models....

Raiders' Carl Nassib becomes first openly-gay active NFL player - KLKN-TV

Pin on Stars

No, he doesn't have children. He is not Johnnie Ray who had a child  with the panelist and gossip writer Dorothy Kill gallon

59 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

No, he doesn't have children. He is not Johnnie Ray who had a child  with the panelist and gossip writer Dorothy Kill gallon

I feel a song coming on (listen to first verse)...

Edited by Unicorn