Toxic Discrimination and Crab Mentality in Gay Culture...Is there Truth to This?

MysticMenace
This topic is 987 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

8 minutes ago, lonely_john said:

100% True, and the "straight" guy in that video is NOT straight.

at 0:21, the straight guy does give the wiggle room hand gesture about being straight!!......

I didn't hear (I may've missed it) "crab mentality" mentioned......had to look it up: "if I can't have it, neither can you"

27 minutes ago, azdr0710 said:

at 0:21, the straight guy does give the wiggle room hand gesture about being straight!!......

I didn't hear (I may've missed it) "crab mentality" mentioned......had to look it up: "if I can't have it, neither can you"

he didn't say "crab mentality" explicitly, but he did describe it between 10:22 and 10:28.

Yes, I copied all my hand jesting after Barbara Bel Geddes in Alfred Hitchcock's "Virtsgo" and the Broadway hit comedy "Mary, Mary" which tried out in Boston with Barbara Bel Geddes.

More aukware when she replaced Mary Martin as JR's mother on "Dallas."

Edited by WilliamM

One of my close college friends was gay and was the poster child for “if I can’t have it, neither can you.”   At the time, this would have been a gay stereotype in my part of the world.   I associated it with his tendency toward drama….something I’ve come to associate with a personality attribute and not a sexual orientation…male or female. 

20 hours ago, BnaC said:

One of my close college friends was gay and was the poster child for “if I can’t have it, neither can you.”   At the time, this would have been a gay stereotype in my part of the world.   I associated it with his tendency toward drama….something I’ve come to associate with a personality attribute and not a sexual orientation…male or female. 

But wouldn't you say that feminine personalities (either gay males, or females in general) tend naturally to be more dramatic? However drama is just 1 dimension of the toxic discrimination among gays.

Edited by lonely_john

Too much drama for nothing.

Talking about stereotyping, who said that most gays have mannerisms associated with femininity? That is an old prejudice, from the old times when the only visible homosexuals were the ones fitting the mainstream stereotype. Nowadays we should know better.

But then, again, perhaps they are correct if you think of the difference between "gay" and "homosexual".

22 hours ago, WilliamM said:

Yes, I copied all my hand jesting after Barbara Bel Geddes in Alfred Hitchcock's "Virtsgo" and the Broadway hit comedy "Mary, Mary" which tried out in Boston with Barbara Bel Geddes.

More aukware when she replaced Mary Martin as JR's mother on "Dallas."

I wasn't serious and even though Mary Martin talked a lot about Larry Hagman, she was more well known

The guys in this video are quite cute, so I have to give them that.  But I don't like that a single individual is answering these types of question for a highly diverse cohort of people. Maybe a better way to respond to the somewhat ignorant questions would be to flip it around and ask the same questions of straights and the straight community.  I think that would show how silly it is to try to answer on behalf of millions of others that have very different life experiences of which you have no knowledge.      

The idea that gays were effeminate caused me great consternation in my youth. I was thinking that I might be gay, but I was in no way effeminate, so how could I be? When I finally went to a gay bar I was flabbergasted at all of the masculine guys. Just stunned. It was a one-way trip from there!

I'll never forget that macho guy dancing in a jock strap. It sealed the deal.

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2021 at 11:21 AM, Lucky said:

When I finally went to a gay bar I was flabbergasted at all of the masculine guys. Just stunned.

Wow I had exactly the same thing happen to me. I was musing about my first time in a gay bar in another thread and I was gonna say just what you said but I thought it was getting too much into the weeds. Just more evidence that Hollywood and the msm are not on our side no matter how much they claim to be. We are only a thing of amusement to them and those of us who aren’t flamboyant or entertaining in some way are of no use to them. It would be understandable if it were 20 - 30 years ago when, as @Lucky so astutely pointed out, even some of us believed the stereotype. But the problem is they’re still propping up this image. Did any of you watch the coverage of the pride “festivities” on channel 7 last month? I could only watch for about 20 minutes before I wanted to throw up. Nothing but freaks, fems, and drag queens, which is fine if that’s what you are, but it would never have occurred to that smug, smirking reporter to interview anyone remotely normal looking. Disgusting! Anyone remember her name?

On 8/3/2021 at 2:50 PM, Gadfly22 said:

Wow I had exactly the same thing happen to me. I was musing about my first time in a gay bar in another thread and I was gonna say just what you said but I thought it was getting too much into the weeds. Just more evidence that Hollywood and the msm are not on our side no matter how much they claim to be. We are only a thing of amusement to them and those of us who aren’t flamboyant or entertaining in some way are of no use to them. It would be understandable if it were 20 - 30 years ago when, as @Lucky so astutely pointed out, even some of us believed the stereotype. But the problem is they’re still propping up this image. Did any of you watch the coverage of the pride “festivities” on channel 7 last month? I could only watch for about 20 minutes before I wanted to throw up. Nothing but freaks, fems, and drag queens, which is fine if that’s what you are, but it would never have occurred to that smug, smirking reporter to interview anyone remotely normal looking. Disgusting! Anyone remember her name?

That’s just the stereotype of gays. And I learned long time ago, Pride has nothing to do with being gay anymore. It’s akin to Gasparilla, Mardi Gras, and Christmas parades. With just a gay twist on things. It’s simply a holiday to dress wild and act out of element. But once people get that, they’re less likely to put too much expectation on it. 

What the news doesn’t cover: is the straight guy sitting next to his wife, texting me about how much he wants to feel me inside of him. Report that 📰 😆 

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut