How to clear quotes from reply form?

Charlie
This topic is 1035 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I tried to quote a post in the reply form, but somehow got the wrong quote in. I can't figure out how to remove it from my reply. There doesn't seem to be any way to empty anything from the reply, and everything I have tried has only made it worse.

3 hours ago, Charlie said:

I tried to quote a post in the reply form, but somehow got the wrong quote in. I can't figure out how to remove it from my reply. There doesn't seem to be any way to empty anything from the reply, and everything I have tried has only made it worse.

If you hover just over the quoted text, you'll see a little cross hair appear.  It will look something like:

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 9.49.39 PM.png

Once you see the crosshair appear, click it.  Then just press delete on your keyboard.  It will delete the quote box and the content inside of it.  Also...  you don't have to quote the full reply.  If you only want to quote a small excerpt of a post, highlight the text you want to quote and then click the "quote selection" button that appears.  

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 9.52.38 PM.png

Give those a try and let me know if you're still having problems.