Avoid Microsoft Tip

Lucky
This topic is 1039 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I don't like the way that Microsoft bullies me on my new computer. I did post about this already, but if someone is searching, a separate

thread may be more helpful.

Here's how to avoid using Windows with Microsoft:

https://www.minitool.com/news/bypass-microsoft-account-windows-10-setup.html

Here's my earlier post:

I have a new computer, and Microsoft is being quite the bully in deciding that I need them in places where I never have before. Anyone know how to escape it? In

the past I have been able to print something, but now Microsoft insists I sent it to them and download it first.

Do I need Microsoft at all?

Edited by Lucky
mi

41 minutes ago, Lucky said:

I don't like the way that Microsoft bullies me on my new computer. I did post about this already, but if someone is searching, a separate

thread may be more helpful.

Here's how to avoid using Windows with Microsoft:

https://www.minitool.com/news/bypass-microsoft-account-windows-10-setup.html

Here's my earlier post:

I have a new computer, and Microsoft is being quite the bully in deciding that I need them in places where I never have before. Anyone know how to escape it? In

the past I have been able to print something, but now Microsoft insists I sent it to them and download it first.

Do I need Microsoft at all?

I have Microsoft on my new laptop, and I have never gotten any such notice from Microsoft about printing.

You might want to call Microsoft and verify that with them.  It has the look of a hacker that is trying to get your information.

20 hours ago, sync said:

I have Microsoft on my new laptop, and I have never gotten any such notice from Microsoft about printing.

You might want to call Microsoft and verify that with them.  It has the look of a hacker that is trying to get your information.

I am more inclined to think it has something to do with the printer not responding. It is wi-fi connected and perhaps I need to somehow link the printer to the new PC.

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

I am more inclined to think it has something to do with the printer not responding. It is wi-fi connected and perhaps I need to somehow link the printer to the new PC.

That is definitely a possibility.  I do need to share this:  just recently the Outlook app in Windows just stopped receiving emails.  I tried everything I read or could think of doing.  If I had hair then, I would look like I do now.  The answer is that I had to log into my Microsoft account for the Microsoft apps to work.  Now I'm on board with your thinking that Microsoft is encroaching a little too much.  😠

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2021 at 10:26 AM, Lucky said:

What did it want you to get from their server? I ask because when I needed to set up and old printer, it said there was not a suitable driver in my Windows installation, and directed me to let it find and diwnload one from their server. Once it had done so, I could print things, with no further need of their server.

10 hours ago, Orin said:

What did it want you to get from their server? I ask because when I needed to set up and old printer, it said there was not a suitable driver in my Windows installation, and directed me to let it find and diwnload one from their server. Once it had done so, I could print things, with no further need of their server.

Thanks for the suggestion, @Oriin. I think I first need to connect my new computer to the printer. It is wi-fi, so I will read up om that.

I live in an Apple World at home, but at work I have to use Windows and find it just a struggle.

Everytime there is an upgrade there are new pathways to learn, with less and less education or guidelines to assist.

I hot desk so I have a profile that follows me around, saving a document is easy, but where does it get stored, sometimes its on this computer, but the next time i am at work, I am at a different consult, so where is my document?   

As a consumer I would never purchase a Microsoft or Windows product from choice, surely this domination and dictatorial approach will have some commercial implications?  Or is Microsoft so powerful it just does not care