What are your favorite gay anthems?

lesgo09
This topic is 992 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I remember how controversial this song was in 1981. All kinds of groups threatened to boycott the radio stations that played it....

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, jeezopete said:

Just found this by accident. Definitely worthy of the title "gay anthem". I had to play it a second time to hear the lyrics though, all the naked men in the video were so darned distracting!

I take it he had to pay royalties to the Weather Girls? Or is this considered a parody?

If you like adventure, don't you wait to enter
The recruiting office fast
Don't you hesitate, there is no need to wait
They're signing up new seamen fast
Maybe you are too young to join up today
But don't you worry 'bout a thing
For I'm sure there will be always a good navy
Protecting the land and sea

I must confess, I had many dreams through the years of being the ship's doctor on a submarine. All those men with no opportunity for release for months at a time... 😜 Though a Navy friend of mine said they wouldn't hesitate to surface and have a helicopter get me if ever I got caught!

Edited by Unicorn

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2021 at 2:22 PM, Unicorn said:

If you like adventure, don't you wait to enter
The recruiting office fast
Don't you hesitate, there is no need to wait
They're signing up new seamen fast
Maybe you are too young to join up today
But don't you worry 'bout a thing
For I'm sure there will be always a good navy
Protecting the land and sea

I must confess, I had many dreams through the years of being the ship's doctor on a submarine. All those men with no opportunity for release for months at a time... 😜 Though a Navy friend of mine said they wouldn't hesitate to surface and have a helicopter get me if ever I got caught!

There is men-on-men sex on a submarine just like there is in penal institutions.  Most of the men probably don't identify as gay, but when there is no chance for sex with a woman there are some men who will certainly have sex with a man rather than only masturbating.  I would share details about how I know about either of these things but I don't want to share stories here with too much personally identifying information.