Links

NYSlim
This topic is 1035 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I read through some of the recent topics and didn't see this mentioned, but apologies in advance if I missed it.

Am wondering if the links in threads that now revert back to the old website will eventually revert to the new site/server. Otherwise, how else to recall those links? For example, in a thread about a masseur, there were previous threads on this masseur, however, when I click the link, it brings me to the old site, thus, I am unable to view the thread.

There is no way to "directly" do this in Invision Community, but I have access to the raw database itself.  

So I wrote a query that would take the table containing all of the forum posts, look for the old domain and replace it with the new domain.  

MariaDB [m4mforum_ipb]> UPDATE forums_posts SET post=REPLACE(post,'message-forum.net','m4m-forum.org');
Query OK, 16209 rows affected (49.234 sec)
Rows matched: 1837117  Changed: 16209  Warnings: 0

That query changed over 16,000 old references within the board posts.  I found a few old threads that should have had the old address and links appear to work now.  

While this should not matter too much...  just for documentation sake, this query only was run on the post database, so it did not change personal messages or indexes, etc.